i'm heartbroken

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

i'm heartbroken

Postby alex » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:26 pm

ok..i havent done this befor so stick with me

i was going out with my boyfriend for just about 4 years and every thing was great...we'er bestfriends..we wher both happy.....well so i thought

about 4 weeks ago this new girl came into are lives and at first i thought she was nice...but the longer she was around the morejelous i got of her and the way my boyfirend was actin around her..i said it to him and he said he didnt mean to be like that and he was sorry...but it didnt stop,things stayed the same.i was gettin more jelous and he was mentioning how good looking she was...unintentionally saying she was beautiful and i was just prity..
anyway....so things went really rubbish then and he decided thathe wanted to go on a break,which i wasnt happy about but i did to respect his wishes.
i found out one night that he went out with her to see a film we were ment to see together and then a few drinks and i was soo mad at both of them.
that night he cam up and we had a talk and he came to the conclusion that we should break up......he was very,very upset as was i and kept saying he was sorry and didnt want to hurt me...
anyway to cut a long story short we got back together for a few days but it wasn't the same and he wanted to break up again
saying that this girl has made him question our relationship and that he just wants to single and have some freedom
i dont get this...he tells me he doesnt fancy her,which i know is a lie and that i wasn't a bad girlfirend..i didnt take away his freedom or anything

now i'm heartbroken with out him..i miss him so much and am finding it hard but he seems fine..like it doesnt bother him at all and even tho he said we need to break up now inorder to stay friends,,we are less friends than we wer then
i miss him so much and even tho i'm doin better than i thought..i'm not at the same time..i'm fine one minute then rubbish the next
i've never been through this befor and was hopping that some of you might have some insight into why he acts like this or how to help me move on
alex
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby giggler » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:06 pm

i'm sorry you feel so heartbroken but believe me it will pass, something exactly like what has happened to you also happened to me.
The fact is,as you.ve already guessed, he does fancy this new girl but is doesn't want to hurt you by saying so. Sometimes life throws us these curve balls. The best thing to do is to get out with your friends, enjoy your life, don't sit moping and dreaming of what ifs and onlys. And someday you'll look back and wonder what you were so upset about!
giggler
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby sophie » Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:41 am

hi alex

its really hard when this happens, i think we have all been there. He probably is upset, i think that guys are just better at hiding there feelings that we are.

He maybe does fancy this girl and there is nothing that you can do about that, at least it finished and he did not start somehthing behind your back.

Sometimes long term relationships become habit rather than love and we stay together often because we are scared of being alone.

Its going to be really hard over next few weeks but it will get better i promise, i agree get out with your friends, live it up, there is plenty of time to get serious and settle down.

Good luck hope this help

keep smiling :D
sophie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Llisa » Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:34 pm

HI hun,
wow what a hard thing to go through. I know it's hard to accpet, but sometimes...just sometimes...people fall out of love with people. It's not necessarily anyones fault, but it happens all the same. You could have been having a great time together and everything was going great, but drifting apart is something that happens to all too many people, and a great deal of the time they don't even know that others suffer the same thing. Don't blame yourself for any of this, and maybe in time he will come back to you, but don't center the rest of your life around it. Try to get over him (it WILL be hard!) but in the long run, you'll feel better.
Will be praying for you
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby alex » Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:18 pm

thanks you guys :)
things are ok at the moment....i'm getting on with him which is what we both wanted..to stay friends...things arent the same but i'm gathering thats just because of whats gone on and that we'll be ok in time.
i'm getting on with my life..but i'm actually missin him more each day.i guess right now i'm still in absalute disbelieve...
but i'm beginning to be posative and all that..........but i dunno...
anyway thank you for your good advice
alex
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives