Blokes and text msgs

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Blokes and text msgs

Postby Bonnie23 » Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:49 pm

I met a bloke last week and he gave me his mobile no. So we have been texting eachother most of the week and we spoke on the phone after 3 or 4 days. His texts have all been flirty sweet and as if he is genuinely interested. Now its a week since we have met and I have had only one text from him in the last few days - I sent him a flirty text today saying this time last week blah blah and he hasn't replied - does any1 have any idea why blokes do this? I feel like I have been a bit led on by him- or am I just being a bit paranoid? I was hurt badly in a similar situation about 7 months ago so I am probably sending too many texts to him just to check that he still likes me but it is making me really anxious because I really really like him alot. I don't know whether to leave it for a few days and then text him again or should I be takin a hint? If so why did he bother to give me his number if he doesn't like me?
Bonnie23
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby danielle » Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:03 pm

thank u i thought i was the only one this happened to i had a b/f not that long ago and i would txt him and he wouldnt txt back and i would never know why then he would say i was being paranoid but why dont he just txt back and say he is busy instead of leaving me to wonder what he is doing.

why do men do it?
ALL FOR FUN AND FUN FOR ALL
danielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bonnie23 » Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:10 pm

Yes Danielle it has my head done in- I said to him aswell that I hoped I wasn't coming on too strong with all my texts and he said it was fine he like the way I came onto him and it wasn't too strong then a week later he is acting like he couldn't give a S**t!! Not sure what to do now though
Bonnie23
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby gord3001 » Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:11 pm

maybe he has ran out of credit!
The only certainty in life is death
gord3001
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby danielle » Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:14 pm

well my boyfriend didnt he was on contract and he would leave it for days but as far as for u bonnie i havent got a clue ur guess is as good as minewhy they dont txt back or tell u straight whats going on
ALL FOR FUN AND FUN FOR ALL
danielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby LL » Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:43 pm

text messages shouldnt be allowed in relationships
text messages make things easier, an problems easier aswell
what is wrong with talkin on da fone, it is harder to say some flirty things to them in person an over the fone but its alot better in the long run
LL
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby KoRn_Freak » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:46 pm

Talkin to him face to face would be so much easier to find out if he still likes you or not. I rely on txts when I can't see my boyfriend and I'm unable to call him, but other than that, I just txt my friends n that's it. Try the face to face approach. It's worth a shot!
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby tammybligh » Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:25 pm

I don't think blokes like texting as much as we do.... maybe now that he's got the flirting out of the way he's not sure what to do next.

I agree with the others, I think you should try to speak to him face to face - or at least try to phone him. If he doesn't answer at least you'll know one way or the other, instead of being stuck in limbo.
tammybligh
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Aldo » Fri Apr 11, 2003 11:46 pm

i dunno, i have to stick up for the guys here! I like texting, and I moved straight to a contract not long ago to give me free talk time and 500 free texts per month. Im currently dating a wonderful girl at the moment and I text her asap whether she texts me first or I text her.

Sure we dont overdo it. Usually if im busy i dont text back straight away,but I dont wait for say.....a day or more...its usually a couple of hours...depends what Im doing.

I dunno why guys do it..or girls even. BUt yeah, I prefer to call her or friends. texting is fun thought still.
If you dont ask you will never know
Aldo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Acacia » Fri May 02, 2003 2:18 am

Mobile phones are the bane of society!

I met this guy and we were texting each other (think I explaned this in a previous post) and he was v flirty then he stopped texting me so I thought he wasn't interested but it turned out he'd switched phone providers and lost my number!

There could be many reasons why hes not been texting you.
Acacia
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby justin_luver » Fri May 02, 2003 3:40 pm

yeh that is so true, there was this lad i likesd, an he sed he liked me 2, an he sed tx me, so i did, we was txin each ova flirty messages an i built up the courage 2 ask him out, via tx, then he didnt tx bk, i spoke 2 him , he sed he liked me only as a mate!"
justin_luver
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives