Never had a boyfriend....whats wrong with me??

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Never had a boyfriend....whats wrong with me??

Postby evilmage » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:02 pm

Well Ive wanted a boyfriend for AGES, and everyone says Im pretty and stuff, but I cant seem to get one.
Ppl I talked to just say ' You have your whole life to be worring about it' or ' Dont worry and it will come naturally'. Well it hasnt!
I feel so lonely and my friends have boyfriends. Also its not just becasue my friends have one, but I also want the companionship.
Ah well....singletendom here I lay!
xXx evilmage xXx
evilmage
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby X_Smiler_X » Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:00 pm

Hey there,
I shouldn't worry about not ever having a boyfriend...it's great being single when your young! You dont feel trapped!
You will find someone, as I say, theres always someone for everyone in this world - He may not come along for a while yet, but he will, trust me!
For the time being, just enjoy being young, free and single! Dont do what I did, and get stuck in a year and a half relationship when I was 16 - I've got my life back now, and dont feel trapped.
You know, I know a girl who didn't have a boyfriend, then when she was 15 she found a bloke, her first one ever, and they're still together, and engaged 4 years on!
Dont worry babe!
xxx
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:31 pm

Hi hun,
I LOVE being single! I never had a boyfriend for a long time...lots of my friends had them, and some of them had even lost their virginity...but I wasn't too concerned. And when this one guy came along, I was glad that I hadn't just thrown myself at any old person. Boyfriends can be great, but trust me, when you're young and when you do have your life ahead of you, it's so much nicer to be free to explore and do things on your own then worry about your boyfriend and what he'll think of everything. I'm positive that there's a guy waiting out there for you, DON"T RUSH IT! Enjoy your singledom and HAVE FUN!
But I STILL will be praying for you!
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby danielle » Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:58 am

do u know what this is going to sound stupid but i think people will agree
"if u are looking for a b/f then u can never seem to find one but when u dont want one they all come flocking."

just stay cool one will come flocking!!
good luck and i hope i have helped abit.
ALL FOR FUN AND FUN FOR ALL
danielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bubble » Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:47 am

Danielle is right. I personally think that my life would be a whole lot simpler without a boyfriend.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

chill out

Postby hara » Thu Apr 10, 2003 11:26 am

chill out
the more you want it to happen the less likely it iwll. Once you get on with your life ignoring the fact that your singlr things will start to fall into place.
:-) smile
hara
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Enigma » Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:27 pm

I agree with danielle, and I'm a guy...
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby evilmage » Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:37 pm

Yeh but that really doesnt help! I know all about that, but how do I stop wanting one?!
I think its kinda because I want the attention from a guy to notice me and fancy me. So I feel wanted and fanciable.
xXx evilmage xXx
evilmage
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby stellar » Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:46 pm

why do you need a boyfriend to make you feel fanciable? If people tell you that you are then that should help you. How old are you? Do you have male friends? Are you in a single sex school? Also, I think your problem has a lot to do with the fact that all your friends have had boyfriends. I'm not saying you are jealous, but it can affect you and make you think you "should" have one just because they all do.

I'm sorry to say that these things just happen generally, yeah it's nice having a boyfriend and stuff, but it's also good to get out there and play the field when you're young, this can also boost your confidence and help you in future life and relationships.
Please don't be stressed out about wanting a boyfriend, because like I said you can never predict who is going to come into your life and when!
It will all happen naturally and will stop seeming like a big deal once you've had one, trust me!
stellar
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby evilmage » Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:54 pm

Uh...whatdya mean by play the field? And its not because my friends have had one, because most of them havent, only a few, but lotsa ppl my age have. Im 13 and in an all-girls school. I have some guy friends, but not alot cause you dont get the chance to meet them.
And there isnt really any other way to feel fanciably unless you know someone fancies you. My friends say Im pretty and stuff, but only when I ask them if I am. They dont just randomly say 'Oh you look pretty today' or summat. And if Im at some disco, the compliments I get are normally the same like 'You look really nice' or 'Your make up looks good' but its not about how I look. Just the stuff I wear or something. Theyre not saying, 'Oh you look really slim in that outfit' or 'Your skins glowing' or something thats what you are, and not just somthing you can put on.
I think once I do get one, I'll realise that its not much, but I still want to experience it. No one Ive ever fancied has fancied me back and its horrible.
xXx evilmage xXx
evilmage
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby stellar » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:39 pm

Hey I know how you feel. It's especially more difficult cos you go to an all girls school (I went to one too so I know how hard it is to meet nice members of the op. sex when you're in a single sex school!)
Trust me, it will all happen for you!
stellar
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby KoRn_Freak » Fri Apr 11, 2003 11:03 pm

I also agree with danielle, life would be a lot simpler without a boyfriend! lmao! I love mine and all, but it's so damn hard to calm him down from his giddiness!! As they say, boys will be boys and they never learn to shut up! lol! You're still very young, and by playing the field, we mean explore the varieties in life and have fun being free. Even with a boyfriend, you can still maintain your independence, but sometimes you learn to depend on their companionship wich can make you a bit clingy.

Ask yourself why you want a boyfriend so badly. If it's for companionship, that's understandable, but it's rare that you'll find someone your age who will be mature enough to keep up a relationship without reverting back to being a 'horny little boy', drooling at the sight of flesh like a rabid dog to fresh meat. Teenage boys are ravenous and hyperactive, and think with their d***s lol. Until you learn that relationships aren't all that important while you're still young, you'll still feel a little bit empty for a while, but that will come down to self acceptance and confidence in the end. Just be proud of who you are, walk around with your head up and a smile on your face. And just like danielle said, when you don't want one (or simply forget about it) they'll come a-flocking! lmao! :lol:
KoRn_Freak
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives