Fed up with being alone/unsure of a guy's feelings for me

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Fed up with being alone/unsure of a guy's feelings for me

Postby Acacia » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:11 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new here :)

I'm nearly 25 and have never had a boyfriend. I'm attractive (apparantly) but am pretty quiet and find it hard to speak to guys I like. I tend to get obsessive about guys I'm attracted to. I've only ever been on two 'dates' and that was a couple of years ago. It seems like everyone else has a relationship and I'm worried that I'll be alone forever.

In February I met this guy in the pub. He was with a couple of friends and approached me and started chatting. I was just chatting away with him and decided to just let the evening roll and not worry about the usual things I worry about when a guy talks to me. It was fun, he bought me a drink and we were finding out about each other. I was with my friend and this male friend of hers turned up. The guy talking to me (Jamie) asked if the other bloke was my boyfriend! I said no. He then told my friend that he fancied me. Anyway me and Jamie and my friend and another guy went back to Jamie's house. We were larking about, having a few drinks and dancing in his living room. I was enjoying myself. Jamie and I started kissing, which was nice. We were chatting about stuff. He asked why I wasn't in a relationship and I said that there were no nice guys about and he kind of went 'hmph'. I was at his house for about 3 hours. We were kissing on the sofa and he wanted me to stay. I was a bit worried as I'm not experienced with these things (v embarrassing) so I said I had to go, even though I didn't want to. He didn't want me to leave and said I could have his bed and he'd sleep on the sofa. But I said I had to go and he called me a taxi. I got his mobile phone number before I left. I texted him a few days later and we were sending texts back and forward. He was quite flirtatious in the messages. He also called me once for a chat but he was working so I couldn't see him. Then I heard nothing. I tried phoning and texting him but couldn't get through so I thought he's obviously not interested and gave up.

However I was out with my friend on Saturday night and who should we meet but Jamie. He was with the same friends as before. My friend and I were both pretty drunk and we just laughed, it was funny seeing them in exactly the same place we'd first met them. Jamie looked happy to see me, he was grinning at me. I was a little nervous at first but my friend said I should talk to him so I went over. The first thing he said was that he'd changed phone providers and lost my number. It was pretty loud in the pub and I couldn't make out what else he said at that point. He asked how I was, what I'd been up to and commented about how he'd not seen me about. Then him and his friends left. That was it.

So now I'm in a quandry. I'm not sure if he likes me or wants to see me again? I don't have his new mobile number and when I tried to phone his home number, which I'd looked up in the telephone book I got this old guy instead. He might be ex-directory though.

I wouldn't have been so bothered if he'd ignored me or just said hi but he seemed like he wanted to clear the dust and stuff, so I'm not sure what's going on :(

Why does this always happen?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Acacia x
Acacia
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Daftness2k3 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:28 pm

First off. I'm no expert.

But what I'll say is...if he gave you his number it seems to me he had to have some interest. Approaching a girl cold indicates that he had interest and by the texting back and forth for a while, it shows he obviously likes ya.
What I would say is, maybe when you were working, he maybe thought it a blow off and backed off.
What I would do is, keep your eyes open when you're out. If you see him again, say hey again. Get chatting and then ask him if he'd like your number for his new phone.......Or perhaps ask if he's dating and mention when you're free.....
Daftness2k3
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Acacia » Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:24 am

Hey thanks :)

I'm trying to get his number just now. Cos he's switched phones it's pretty difficult but I think I know someone who might have his number. It's got to be worth a try, got nothing to lose! Plus I'm going out again this Saturday, who knows he might be in the pub?
Acacia
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Acacia » Sun May 04, 2003 1:57 pm

woohoo, I got his number last night! :D

Now to getting round to phoning him :P
Acacia
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bubble » Sun May 04, 2003 5:25 pm

Thats great news hun
Just play it cool when phoning!
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Don't know what's happening now!!

Postby Acacia » Mon May 05, 2003 10:04 pm

:-?

Well I just called Jamie. It was really weird on the phone. Kind of awkward, like we were making smalltalk. He just asked how my day had been and stuff. Then we talked about Saturday night. I'd had to leave early and he'd wanted to speak to me about something but I couldn't find him so I'd just left and texted him to say I was sorry I'd looked for him but we'd had to go. So I said 'So what was it you were wanting to say to me on Saturday night?' And he said 'Oh I can't remember now!' I said 'Oh, come on!' But he said, 'No, I can't remember what it was' :roll::(

He was moaning about working too much and stuff and asked how my work was going.

Then he asked if I was going out next weekend so I said I might be. I asked if he was and he said maybe, he wasn't sure. :roll: Then he said he had someone on the other line so he'd have to go. He said he'd give me a call, told me to take care and that was it!

So I don't know what's going on! Does he want to see me or what?!!
Acacia
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives