long distance

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

long distance

Postby Girl From Mars » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:55 pm

I met a lad on the internet about 4 years ago and i have been talking to him since then, i got to know him really well, he lives in newcastle and i live in manchester so its quite a ling way away. he is the same age as me, 16. we talked about meeting a few times but we never did.

anyway...he told me that he had got tickets for a coldplay concert in manchester, and did i want to go with him..i was really excited about meeting him for the first time, finally persuaded my parents to let me go, i had a really great time, when i first saw him i thought i really really like him, and we talked all night and the next day.

that was one week ago and i am missing him like crazy, sounds stupid having only met him once, but i think i love him and he loves me. the problem is that my parents are not taking this seriously, they seem to think its just a joke and cant accept that i really like him. they wont let me get the train up to newcastle to see him, they dont really like me talking to him all the time. they are making it really difficult...what i am asking is can a long distance thing like this work, even with my parents against it so we cant see each other as often as we like? im scared i will lose him because he will get fed up with all the hassle, even though he's said he wont.

sorry if i have gone on a bit...but i really need some advice
Why are rubber ducks yellow?
Girl From Mars
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Daftness2k3 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:22 pm

Hey. I had a long distance relationship a while ago. In my experience, it didn't work. However, it seems you really like this guy, and it seems he likes you back. My feelings are, give it a go. You'll never know unless you try, and you don't wanna be in a situation where you're thinking "what if." Now I aint sayin' fall out with the parents, but if it may work,then its worth a try! I would say, perhaps explain to the guy about the problems its causing...maybe he'll come down and see you again??

Hope this helped a little.
Daftness2k3
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Girl From Mars » Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:04 pm

he is coming down on thursday...he understands about all the problems with my parents, he wants to talk to them about it...is that a good idea? he is being really great and patient about it, but i dont know how long he or i can put up with it
Why are rubber ducks yellow?
Girl From Mars
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby tammybligh » Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:02 pm

I think it's a good sign that he wants to try and talk to your parents, it shows a sense of responsibility.

As for long distance relationships, I've only had one, which was wonderful while it lasted. Sadly we split up about 2 months ago. At the end of the day, you've got to go for what you think will make you happy. If he feels the same way about you, he won't get bored with the situation - although it is frustrating at times, you really do have to go with the flow. I know I'd definately do it again given the opportunity! Plus I made a great friend who I wouldn't want to be without.

My advice is, give it a go, what have you got to lose? I'm sure you won't lose the friendship - which is the important thing!

Have fun tomorrow......make the most of the time you have together, it always goes very quickly!
tammybligh
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby danielle » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:14 pm

i know what u r going through believe me i am in love with someone off the internet we never get to see each other we have only met once but it was great i really do love him
and i have had a long distance relationship before and it never worked for me then i am still going to try with this lad cus i do love him ,
all i can say is follow ur heart in a stituation like this but remember be responsible about ur choices,
ALL FOR FUN AND FUN FOR ALL
danielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby chardonnay » Wed May 07, 2003 10:32 am

yeh just go for it i mean, parents cant always be right, if they are so what, we've got to learn from our own experiances, not theirs. As far as guys go, not many offer to talk to your parents if there is a problem so i can definatly say that he has got to like u a lot, mabe even love! you never know, U GO GIRL !!!!
luv chardonnay
XxX
chardonnay
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives