My best mates fiancé fancies me

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My best mates fiancé fancies me

Postby Bexxy » Sun May 04, 2003 5:22 pm

My best mates finance' has just revealed to me (via the net of all things!) that he fancies me!!! They have been going out for nearly 4 years and although ive had the odd 'vibe' that he might have liked me a bit more than he should have, ive always dismissed it!
I am also engaged... I love my bloke dearly and would never cheat on him, let alone with my best mates bloke, but that isnt really the issue here....

My main problem is the fact that these 2 are supposed to be getting married next year!
Not only has HE been trying to get it on with me (he doesnt stand a chance in hell by the way...even if i was single!), but my mate has not been completely faithful to him either! Obviously neither one knows what the other one has been up to, but i cant just watch them get married when i know they have already cheated/thought about cheating on eachother! There is clearly something wrong in thier relationship,but neither one seems to want to admit it!

How the hell do i stop them making a big mistake by getting married to eachother?? My main concern is hurting my mate ~ despite what she's been upto she thinks he is 'wonderful' and 'cant imagine life without him'... If i tell her what he's been saying to me, i risk losing her AND messing up thier relationship!! (even if it is a troubled one!)

HELP!!! :cry:
Bexxy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Aldo » Sun May 04, 2003 9:06 pm

Why are so many people wanting to cheat?!!! *shakes head*

Anyways, why not make HIM do the work. Let him know your in happy faithful relationship and would never ever let him and yourself become anything more than friends. Then give him a choice to either tell your best friend what he said or you will do it. Its more of a empty bluff but it might just help. Your right to be concerned though.
If you dont ask you will never know
Aldo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bexxy » Mon May 05, 2003 8:01 pm

Thanks for your advice Aldo... I do intend to do as you suggested, but he appears to be avoiding me at the mo!!

He originally said he wanted to 'have a chat about things' (via the net again), but i think he's now trying to pretend nothing happened by avoiding me!

He cant hide forever though ~ and im certainly not gonna let him! :evil:
Bexxy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Aldo » Mon May 05, 2003 10:02 pm

good on you. I'm glad to hear you will not bow down to lust! Hope everything goes well for you, your friend and her partner.
If you dont ask you will never know
Aldo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives