im much older than him

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

im much older than him

Postby hellonearth » Tue May 13, 2003 5:41 pm

I met a man on the internet and have met him and we get on great even though I live miles away from him. The problem is that he is 19 and i am 37 . He thinks im only 27 If i tell him he might get scared off and the relationship will bee over Wot can I do?
hellonearth
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Llisa » Tue May 13, 2003 11:10 pm

Hi hun,
I have two words for you; BREAK THAT RELATIONSHIP OFF NOW! ok, so maybe that's more then two words, but that's beside the point. Listen, not only are you not being truthful with him, but you're also not being truthful with yourself. Do you really think this relationship would work in the longrun? You and he are at totally different areas in your life right now. He's had a fairly decent life experience behind him, and you're just starting there. So tell him how old you are, and more then likely, he will break it off with you. But if he doesn't, and says it's ok, that's even more freaky. A guy who's 37 should NOT be interested in a 19-year-old. Sorry love, but you gotta end this.
Will be praying for you
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby hellonearth » Wed May 14, 2003 4:51 pm

to Llisa
thank u for takin time out to reply to me , but the problem is not that he is 37 HE IS 19 .... I AM 37 Your reply was very helpful but i am still confused please help thank you
hellonearth
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby misatok11 » Thu May 15, 2003 9:33 pm

You should really be honest with him. you said he's miles away. This isnt a problem, just talk on the net and be friendly. Honesty is the best policy!
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Llisa » Thu May 15, 2003 10:08 pm

OH dear! I'm really, really sorry about that! In the future, I'll be sure to read the posts more carefully!
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby primalsurfer » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:31 pm

It time to come clean about your age, it may end the relationshipo but you do have to be honest.

I was dating a 26 year old who thurned out to be 28, the age wasn't a problem it was that she felt she had to lie about her age, and that i found when we compared driving licenses.

trust is essential in any relationship and by lying about your age you are breaking that trust.
Primal Surfer

"Only a surfer knows the feeling!"

"Don't be glum, be like a glo-worm, it's never glum cause the sun shines out of it's bum"
primalsurfer
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: im much older than him

Postby Tazzer » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:13 pm

Hey,

I was in the same position but the other way round. He's 32 and im 19. He thought i was 25, after a night on the tiles, we had an argument and i told him the truth about how old i was. We're now engaged and getting married on the 31st of August. If like/love him, just tell him, he wouldn't be with u if he didn't wanna be, no matter what ur age

Good luck xx
Tazzer
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Llisa » Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:47 pm

This is just a note to Tazzer, because I think you're a bit confused. You said that you're 19, and your man is 32...but on another problem, you told hte person that you started going with the guy when you were 14, and he was 30. And THEN you said that you were now 20. I think you need to get your facts straight
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby davemcgarry » Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:47 pm

Of corse he aint gonna be scared off, he wants sex!!!!! same as most men.
keep ur age the way u told him, Coz lets face it ur'll get a shag out of it, if he really cares about u he wont care bout ur age.
i have a big pen!s
davemcgarry
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives