Insecure and Confused :(

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Insecure and Confused :(

Postby Fern » Sat May 17, 2003 12:23 am

Hey,
I'm new to this site and not too sure if i'm in the right place. I have been going out with my boyfriend now for 10months and he keeps loads of photos and letters and text message conversations (printed on to paper) from all his ex's. There's photos of them together, being intimate and other things. This has been preying on my mind for months. I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid but this really makes me feel insecure and uncomfortable.. am I being too possesive and stupid?
Any feedback is welcomed with open arms :)
Thanks
Fern
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby buttercup » Sat May 17, 2003 9:50 am

hi fern, i can understand why your worried!! if hes with you and loves you he shouldnt need his exs pictures letters and things!! im sorry to say this but mayb he isnt over them!! you should talk to him though and stress your feelings and tell him that its annoying you and if he loves you and understands then you should be able to resolve it and be together!!
good luck fern :lol:
buttercup
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Aldo » Sat May 17, 2003 7:34 pm

yeah, talk to him. It could be just for sentimental values. Surely you at the moment hold onto text messages as long as you can when you get one from him?

Don't be too worried...unless he reads them etc everyday! does he?
If you dont ask you will never know
Aldo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Gem » Sun May 18, 2003 12:53 pm

I'm sure if you just talk to him he will understand that it makes you feel uncomfortable, maybe it's just that they finished on good terms.....it does happen.....and he has happy memories, thats nothing to be worried about, after all, he's with you now!
Who decided what order to put the alphabet in?
Gem

Postby Amz » Sun May 18, 2003 10:55 pm

Fern, I can understand why your feeling confused hun! Try and talk to him about how you feel, dont just put up with it - if your feeling upset and insecure it matters!! and he should realise that....It is quite strange behaviour. I suggest you talk to him and if hes not willing to change or adapt...can you see the relationship going any further?? All the best!! XXX :D
Amz
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

natural to feel this way

Postby Cat Queen » Wed May 21, 2003 8:48 pm

It`s natural for you to feel this way! only recently I had photo`s of my ex`s etc, but my lad slowly but surely got upset about them! :) So I did the decent thing :wink: I Love my lad of NOW, So I offered to burn them. He let me keep one photo, but as soon as I can find strength to do so, I will let that one go too! :D So I`ve been on the other end. Tell him how you feel etc. If he comes to his senses, he`ll realise he dosn`t need them anymore cause he`s got you! :D :wink:
"Life is like a box of chocolates",
can never get enough and get fat on them!!!
Love Lou XXXX
Cat Queen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

is say

Postby Zombie » Thu May 22, 2003 11:16 am

Im Cq's Lad and to be honest I was upset that she wanted to keep them and I couldnt understand why she couldnt move on, she seemed to have great pride in showing me them in was like seeing a prison line up of people who had used and abused her and people she didnt love at that. I would drop hints at it first then I would consider that he still loves them then id ask why he keeps em if he cant give a decent anwser then Id tell them it hurts you and If he doesnt do the decent thing id bin him.

Plus be carfull what you give him pictures of and what you write to him as you might be seen as one of the ex's to another girl you know?
Dazed and confused
Zombie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Fern » Thu May 22, 2003 12:13 pm

Thanks to everyone for all the advice :)
You've all been a big help
thanks Again
fern
xx
Fern
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives