unhappy about break up, plz help

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

unhappy about break up, plz help

Postby loubylou » Sun May 18, 2003 11:55 pm

my boyfriend finished with me on tuesday. we had been together for 10 months and his reason for us breaking up was that he wanted to be single and be his own person again. he said he didnt want to get with anyone else and maybe we will get back together in the future.
he came to collect his things on wednesday and said he would ring me on mon and then we could meet up for a long talk. i had to ring him for another reason at the weekend and now we are meeting on monday for the talk. he was nice to me on the phone.
i dont know why he wants to talk, i cant stop crying and i just want him back. i dont think he wants me tho. i dont know what to do or say when i meet him on mon.

can anyone help me?
loubylou
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: unhappy about break up, plz help

Postby badgal2k3 » Mon May 19, 2003 12:50 am

loubylou wrote:my boyfriend finished with me on tuesday. we had been together for 10 months and his reason for us breaking up was that he wanted to be single and be his own person again. he said he didnt want to get with anyone else and maybe we will get back together in the future.
he came to collect his things on wednesday and said he would ring me on mon and then we could meet up for a long talk. i had to ring him for another reason at the weekend and now we are meeting on monday for the talk. he was nice to me on the phone.
i dont know why he wants to talk, i cant stop crying and i just want him back. i dont think he wants me tho. i dont know what to do or say when i meet him on mon.

can anyone help me?

yeah i can dnt botha wit him coz he will fink he can do it over and over again and u will go running back i thin k u sud jus get on with ur life
badgal2k3
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby X_Smiler_X » Mon May 19, 2003 11:32 am

Sorry to hear about that, hun. I think maybe he said he wanted to be his own person again because he didn't know how to say it otherwise. Was everything ok between you and him? Was it getting boring etc?
Maybe he wants to talk to you about why he feels this way, and how you and him can still be good friends maybe?
In the meantime, dont worry - you will find someone one day who will stand by you through thick and thin :)
Keep smiling xx
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby loubylou » Mon May 19, 2003 11:40 am

everything was going fine, i satyed with him the night before we finished and we both had a good time. well i thought that we did. do u think i should get dressed up when i go to see him? i think it might help my self confidence a bit. im a bit scared of seeing him though, im scared of being rejected if i ask if theres a chance of us getting bk 2getha again.
loubylou
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby X_Smiler_X » Mon May 19, 2003 11:45 am

You could dress up for him, but then thats going to make you look really desperate if you dont usually dress up for him.
I think you should just see how this chat goes, be yourself, and if all fails, move on. All the best! xx
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby loubylou » Mon May 19, 2003 11:47 am

i think u gave me the best advice ive heard so far, to be myself. :wink:
loubylou
Just Landed
Just Landed

Good Luck

Postby jo1974 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:36 pm

My boyfriend dumped me nearly 3 weeks ago, and feel for you so much. I miss him all the time and I still can't stop crying over something I may or may not have done. He said he loved me and everything about me, he just couldn't be with me, figure that one out? I'm starting to feel stronger, and it's really helped me to read your post and know that I'm not the only one suffering... I would appreciate any advice from anyone on whether staying friends ever works, because I'm trying to figure out if what I'm going through now will be less painful than having him as my best friend again...
jo1974
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby loubylou » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:49 pm

from my own experience ive found that staying friends wont work for me and my ex. i care about him a lot but we decided it would be better if we made a clean break and didnt stay friends as it would be too painful and awkward for the both of us. i feel too much for him to accept being friends, i would always want to hold his hand etc n i wouldnt be able to n the thought would upset me. i miss him alot but time is a good healer and i will always have the memories of him. its sad when i think of not talking to him anymore but its what we both decided.
loubylou
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Wasted » Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:48 am

OH DEAR - YOU ARENT ON YOUR OWN IM 27 AND SPLIT UP WITH MY BOYFRIEND OF THREE YEARS - IT HAS BROKE MY HEART IM VERY INSECURE AND AM FINDING IT VERY STRESSFUL - AFTER HIM NOT ANSWERING MT TEXT MESSAGES ETC 6 MONTHS WENT BY WHEN I PLUCKED UP THE COURAGE TO RING HIM HE SAID HE STILL HAS FEELINGS BUT NOT IN "THAT WAY" - HE DID SAY I WOULD COME AND SEE ME AS I HAVE MY OWN FLAT BUT HE DIDNT KNOW WHEN - IT HAS BEEN TWO WEEKS NOW - WE BOTH HAVE HAD OUR OWN LIFE PROBLEMS AND WE HAD A BOND I CANT FORGET - IVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING FROM HIM AND NOW FEEL HE JUST SAID HE WOULD SEE ME AS I WAS UPSET- I KNOW THERE IS SOMETHING STILL BETWEEN US BUT BECAUSE I DONT GO OUT MUCH UNLESS I CALL AGAIN I WONT SEE HIM - IM CONFUSED AND HURT TOO - BUT PLEASE - IF YOU HAVE FRIENDS AND FAMILY COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS AND KEEP THEM ALL CLOSE - GO OUT AND KEEP BUSY - IF ITS MEANT TO BE IT WILL BE - I SUPPOSE

KEEP SMILING AND STAY COOL
stay cool!!!
Wasted
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby jo1974 » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:09 am

Well I'm still pretty upset that my bf dumped me, but I'm feeling stronger everyday, I still cry, but I don't beat myself up about it. I still miss him, but I don't feel the need to tell him anymore. I'm just starting to go out again is helping too. I don't want to sound like it's been easy and I'm a long way from being ok, I'm trying to be civil to him, but it's hard too, cos he broke my heart...but then again I'm almost 30, and I suppose I'm lucky 2 have got 2 this age without being badly hurt. I know I've got a long way to go, and that I'll never forget him....
jo1974
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives