Ex-boyfriend and Husband fighting for affection

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Ex-boyfriend and Husband fighting for affection

Postby kitten » Mon May 19, 2003 7:31 pm

I am happily married, well i think I am. But recently I have been seeing more of my ex, we are really close still and he recently confessed that he had always planned to marry me. I had a really great evening with him at a party the other night and miss him. I kissed him and now I feel guilty about it.

I know I will never leave my husband but don't know how I feel about my ex. Is kissing him cheating or having an affair or what? I don't want to hurt anybody. :(
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

warning sign

Postby Jupiter » Mon May 19, 2003 8:02 pm

PERSONALLY
just my opinion, i would call kissing a warning sign. a warning that an affair could begin and that it was up to you to stop it if you want to. i could only possible maybe forgive my man for kissing someone. cant say until it happens which i pray it wont. a kiss isnt an affair an afair is an afair. maybe telling him would help you feel less guilty, however this may harm the relationship, you need to think about it ad come to your own conclusion but thats my honest opinion. if you love your husband listen to the warning sign and stop it now. but if youliked the warning and want to take it further its your own decision but remember there is no going back on an affair and if he finds out about an afair which may take place , it may not end the relationship but the trust would be gone. if you dont want to hurt anyone i would tell your ex that it's too late for hima nd that you love your husband, if he wanted to marry you he should have told you sooner it's unfair to say it to you, married. could it have been a trap to boost his ego? of course you know him better than me so i dont know anything but just stop, think and listen not with your ears but with your heart

think about it
Jupiter
Jupiter
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby kitten » Mon May 26, 2003 6:30 pm

I can't tell him as I would lose the friendship with my ex, which is something I treasure as he has always been there for me, although not always reliable.

I shouldn't have kissed my ex, but it felt exciting at the time and I still have some feelings for him. I need to learn to control myself around him if I am going to continue being his friend.

I haven't heard from him since then though and don't know what he is thinking, perhaps he is busy.
kitten
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Stop right now

Postby Mr.L » Mon May 26, 2003 7:08 pm

ur ex obviously has more then just freindhsip planned. Your married and uve gota tell ur ex ur jsut mates, also ifya had to choose between loveers then ur married to the person hwo u ahve broken up with or the person who u have before also ur ex obv wants an affair or to egt abck with u so wats to sya he wudnt do it agen and if u chose ur ex thne it wud affect a lot so stay with ur hubbiand tell ur ex
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives