Should I back out of it

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Should I back out of it

Postby accidentprone » Mon May 19, 2003 10:09 pm

Hi everybody, it 's my first time posting stuff like these on the Internet but I really cannot get my head round this one.

The synopsis:
- I live in Manchester and used to work in Chester
- the girl who sat next to me in the office lives locally in Chester
- I have fancied her for nearly a year, she broke up with her previous boyfriend in between and started with the present one in around February time
- I never did ask her out for one simple reason - I sat next to her in the office
- when I heard about this new boyfriend of hers my heart really sank
- I dropped some hints at her every now and then and for reasons I will not try to explain here I know that she realises my feelings for her
- we are never too close till the beginning of this year. She gave me her home phone number (without me asking) when we were emailing each other late March
-for some reasons I had to leave my job and find another one, these all happened when she was away, I never did tell her
- she sent me an email as soon as she found out and we started texting and emailing each other
-I got a new job two weeks after I left the last one and asked if she can come for an opera and dinner at my place in Manchester
- she said "yes" and she would "love to"
- I had second thoughts now...
accidentprone
Just Landed
Just Landed

Something good may come of this chance

Postby Cat Queen » Tue May 20, 2003 8:22 pm

hi Accidentprone! :) I was best friends with my lad for ages, before he asked me to come out for a drink with his girlfriend of the time and his mates! Best thing he could of done. I`d Had strong feelings for him for several months before,and when I found out he just got a girlfriend MY heart sank! :( But behind the scenes things weren`t working out, he didn`t love her, he felt sorry for her, and didn`t want to hurt her feelings by dumping her! :o :roll: He kept asking my advice, and soon we really were getting to know each other. So I went to the pub, to my astonishment only HE turned up!!!! :P He was taking the risk of seeing how I felt for him as he did for me! :wink: well, we`re two years together now.he dumped her the next day.(still hated hurting the lassie,he says she was abused when a child.And had gone a bit loopy) :-? So why not take the chance? Opera and a meal sounds like a dream! :wink: :D Wish my lad would do that! hope I gave you some advice you wanted to hear. She may be wondering how deeply you care for her etc?XXXXTell us how u get on :wink: :D
Cat Queen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Thanks for sharing your personal experience with me

Postby accidentprone » Wed May 21, 2003 12:03 am

Thanks for sharing your personal experience with me, it is especially helpful and important to hear something from a lass's point of view. The problem is I am not sure whether our feelings are mutual in this case... as usual, it is a very very long story. I just feel that the initiative has to come from me every time e.g. I have to email her first, I have to text her first, then it depends on the way of communication, she will respond almost immediately if I text her, and a bit longer if it is via email or sometimes no reply at all. She occasionally did things that honestly, upset me a bit for example I made her a cake earlier, she was very excited about it and told me the next day how much she liked the cake but went on to say something like "Should have emailed you last night but I haven't got time..." I sent her a text message when I got my new job at around noon, and I got no reply at all, I sent her another message asking how she was at night, and the reply included something like "...meant to text you earlier" They are just small things, and maybe I am paranoid, but these small things just make me wonder.

I still haven't contacted her after she said "yes" to my proposal last Thursday, and as usual, she hasn't sent me any text messages nor email in between as well...

So am I just being childish here?
accidentprone
Just Landed
Just Landed

Ok....

Postby Cat Queen » Wed May 21, 2003 12:09 pm

Jeez, she seems confused over what she wants,maybe she hasn`t decided whats going on with her lad,yet! :-? Seems like she really likes you but can`t tear herself away? You should try asking her face to face if she still wants to go to the opera etc, That should give you some idea on how she feels. If she says yes, have time to chat on your(date), ask her honestly all you`ve ever wanted to ask her.Be truthful to her about the way you feel when your alone. Hope everything turns out ok, if not , we`re all hoping for you!P.s thanx for opinon on drunk night! You seem to really love this girl :D Don`t let anything or anyone slip through your fingers!
"Life is like a box of chocolates",
can never get enough and get fat on them!!!
Love Lou XXXX
Cat Queen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

I've got a bad vibe

Postby accidentprone » Thu May 22, 2003 10:50 pm

Hiya,

I texted her last Friday and asked if I shall call that night. She told me she was going out and suggested I could call over the weekend. I said I'd call on Sunday. And I didn't...

I smashed my car on Monday, and emailed her today saying I wouldn't be able to go and pick her up in Chester. I then texted her to inform her about the email.

UP till now, no replies through text msg nor email, well if this continues, the abovementioned email and text message will be my last. I better move on I suppose.
accidentprone
Just Landed
Just Landed

Did you get my private message?

Postby Cat Queen » Sat May 31, 2003 1:14 am

I sent a priv message to you last night, Problem pages has been having a few problems today! it`s been erasing replies etc. :-? Not so good. I DID send you a message, did you get it?
"Life is like a box of chocolates",
can never get enough and get fat on them!!!
Love Lou XXXX
Cat Queen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Hi Cat Queen, I did receive the message

Postby accidentprone » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:03 pm

Hi Cat Queen

Thanks for reading and responding to my message, I did receive it and what you said just fit into the situation!!!

I have responded to the private message now.

Cheers

Accidentprone
accidentprone
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives