is it wrong to be close to his brother?

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

is it wrong to be close to his brother?

Postby Loopy » Sat May 31, 2003 6:46 pm

Hi
I've been with my boyfriend for almost a year now and we're very close. In the last six months or so I've been getting on really well with his brother who is a couple of years younger than us. I don't see anything wrong with this really, I don't find him atttractive, he's just a nice guy and I genuinely get on well with him as if he's my little brother. Both my boyfriend and his mum however seem to think there's something wrong with us being so friendly with each other. What does everyone think about this? Is it so wrong?
Loopy
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Sure they aren`t kidding

Postby Cat Queen » Sat May 31, 2003 6:54 pm

Hi Loopy, Are you sure they aren`t just teasing you? Parents tend to do that! :roll: As for your lad, dosn`t he trust you? No it`s not strange, your just trying to be friendly. I`d have a talk with your lad, tell each other how you both feel. If your lad is insecure, you may have to back away from the brother,Sorry
"Life is like a box of chocolates",
can never get enough and get fat on them!!!
Love Lou XXXX
Cat Queen
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Godmeister » Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:10 pm

As long as you are just friends and it goes no further, then why not be close to his brother?! This may sound weird coming from a lad, but if your boyfriend has got a problem then thats his tough luck! You need to talk to him and explain that you only are, and only want to be, friends with his brother. His feelings of insecurity are understandable, yet show a lack of trust. Get your boyfriend to trust you! As for his mum, she may be joking, she may be serious, but who cares?! His mum should not affect your friendships.
Godmeister
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Llisa » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:05 am

HI hun,
NO. There is nothing wrong with you getting close with his little brother. I have a really strong feeling too that they really are only teasing you. I really hope that your boyfriend isn't that insecure that he would really think that you're hitting on his little brother. Don't let this phase you...let it roll of your back..ok?
Will be praying for you
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives