Love with an ex?!

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Love with an ex?!

Postby celtic_uk » Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:10 pm

Hi - new to this site but have a problem so was wanting to know your opinions on it!

Long story short - I read an email that I shouldn't have. It was from my boyfriend of six months to his ex girlfriend. (FYI - him and his ex broke up four months before we met and they broke up because she left the country for work reasons).

In the email he was being all nice and chatty and his usual self. But at the end he wrote "Really do think about you alot cause I've never met anyone I like as much as I liked you". Hurtful stuff there! I love my boyfriend so much and I thought he loved me too because he told me but how could he and still say that to his ex??

I asked him about it and in his defence he said that he didn't mean that and that he only said it because that is the sort of coversations that she has with people. It was only banter and he loves me more than he ever loved her.

I can't get over the hurt I'm feeling - what would you lot do and think?!

Thanks
celtic_uk
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby primalsurfer » Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:26 pm

The problem with reading messages like that as you don't read them in the same context that they were written and your interpretation of the words are always going to be different.

There's a lot of what if's and maybe's that could result from what your b/f has written in his e-mail, but take heart, the words used were like and liked, not love and loved.

It seems to have raised some doubt for you, do you trust your b/f and do you accept his reasoning?
Primal Surfer

"Only a surfer knows the feeling!"

"Don't be glum, be like a glo-worm, it's never glum cause the sun shines out of it's bum"
primalsurfer
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Love with an ex?!

Postby Tazzer » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:07 pm

Hey, im in sort of the same field mate, found a text on my bf phone, if he didnt want 2 be with u, he wouldn't. He may still have feelings 4 her (i do with my ex) but he's with U!! xx
Tazzer
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives