"Getting Over" Someone

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

"Getting Over" Someone

Postby DJG » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:21 pm

I want to get over someone. I've asked the out enough time to get the hint that she doesn't like me that way and never will.

Being around her is agonising, I really can barely control myself. I want to........ do things to her :-?

Well, I don't want to feel like this anymore. Is there a way to get over someone? I know it might not work for everyone, but does anyone have any ideas?
DJG
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bubble » Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:17 am

Perhaps if you put some space between you and this girl it may help to control your feelings. If you don't see/speak to her, it MAY help you to forget how you feel. It may be hard to do at first, but eventually it should work.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Mr.L » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:38 pm

think of her bad points and think of her with facial hair, works like a charm also u laugh
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Theparadox » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:11 pm

:cry: A similar thing happened to me lately, and it is really hard to get over someone you really like. There's no easy way about it in my opinion. As already suggested, the best thing is probably just to put as much distance between the two of you as possible. Maybe you could join new clubs etc to meet new people who would maybe take your mind off her.
Theparadox
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Move On

Postby accidentprone » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:16 pm

Well, just move on and find yourself another one. You will forget this "special someone" who WAS once the centre of your universe instantly!!!!!
accidentprone
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby jagsoccer4321 » Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:25 pm

to help my friend get over her boyfriend that just dumped her last week actually I told her 2 make a list of all of the things that she didn't like about him! it worked for her bcuz she realized that maybe he wasn't quite as 'perfect' as she thought! and just try going out with other girls or just thinking about it. I'm sure she's the one that's missing out on a great thing!
jagsoccer4321
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Godmeister » Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:52 pm

Just go out on the pull again! If you let yourself wallow in the mire that is self-pity, you'll only become more depressed and withdrawn. :D
Godmeister
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby primalsurfer » Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:28 pm

unfortunately there's no quick fix, time is the only real solution.

distancing yourself form her should speed the process up somewhat, try not to put yourself into situations where you are close to her and get thoughts about doing things to her
primalsurfer
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Llisa » Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:56 pm

Hey hun,
You really might have to put some effort into this. It's good to know that you actually WANT to get over her. I have the problem that I Have no desire to get over my last boyfriend...and everyone in the world it seems...except me...hates his guts. I know he isn't perfect, so making a list of imperfections doesn't work for me. And he alreayd HAS facial hair so that's also out of the question. The answer for you? Find someone else. Distancing yourself doesn't really make all that much difference...I live 8 hours away from my ex and I sitll think about him 24/7...but I suppose it can help. You need to get your mind on someone/something else. I know how hard it is, and it's going to take some time, but you'll triumph! I have confidence that you will!
Will be praying for you
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby what_is_life » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:26 am

Hey, gettin over someone can be REALLY difficult if you have no option but to be around them. So i suggest trying to motivate yourself into doing something else which will make you feel good about yourself, i can't tell you what that might be because everyones different, but as long as you fight against it you will lose. Getting over someone can take from 1 day to 1 year and there aint a lot you can do to speed up the process, but the better you feel about yourself, and the more occupied you are, the easier it'll be. You never know you might meet someone else in the process!

This is me wishin' you all the luck in the world.

Me.
what_is_life
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

getting over someone

Postby samohtom » Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:15 pm

Time's a great healer. Unless you've got a rash, in which case you're better off with ointment.
samohtom
Just Landed
Just Landed

hmm

Postby beerfest_queen » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:23 am

hey hye. gettin over sumone is rather hard. my best advice is to do sumthin that uve always wanted to do, for yourself or to help someone, as crazy as it sounds. when i split with my last bf i got a piercing that i always wanted to get done, and i felt lots better. it might work, might not nut hey its worth a shot, and if it doesnt well at least u've done it! x
beerfest_queen
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives