Is she the one for me??!?

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Is she the one for me??!?

Postby morpheus » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:44 pm

Hi people, i'm new here, but basically I have been going out with my girlfriend for nearly 4 years and i'm not sure if I love her any more.

I met her in the first year at university, in the first week and we hit it off. We got on really well and have been together ever since, sex was good, we had fun and had a laugh and made plans for the future.

Just lately however I think that I have gone off her but don't know what has made me like that. I don't know whether I should finish with her or not because I don't want to hurt her and also because I don't know if I will regret it when I do finish with her.

Before I met her, I didn't have too much luck with girls, I had a only had sex with 2 girls before my girlfriend and had had a few more relationships besides.

Anyone got any ideas what I should do?

Cheers
morpheus
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Mr.L » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:52 pm

think of why u have been together for so long? remind youself of good days and just apreciate what youv'e got
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby morpheus » Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:44 pm

But the problem is i don't know if I am physically attracted to her any more, and surely now if i'm not and I stick with her anyway then in future I would be more likely to cheat on her.

To make it worse, this beautiful, slim, blonde girl at work likes me and although I don't know if we are on the same level mentally (eg like the same things etc), i am attracted to her too.

Just looking at the damage break-ups can do on here, I really don't want to hurt her, but am I hurting myself if I don't love her?

Surely if I did love her, I wouldn't be so confussed about whether I do love her or not!
morpheus
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby buttercup » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:57 pm

hi ya, ye i understand where your coming from at the min im in the same situation and it isnt easy! if you r thinking about someone else or even thinking of it then u might as well be cheating as you r in ur head in a way!! if your in love you think about that one person consently and noone else there always there for hugs kisses and talk!! at times i think love is a curse but without it wed be lost!! if you do split with your girlfriend yea it will be hard but if it meant to be then it will come and if it doesnt then u know u done the right thing!! just tell her gently as you have been together for A long time!!
hope this helps!! let me know!!
buttercup
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Llisa » Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:44 pm

Hi hun,
If physicall attraction is all that's lacking...suck it up! I know how looks are important in a relationship, but they're NOTHING to base one on! Everyone, and I DO mean everyone looses their looks someday. You need to sit back, and take a look about how you feel about this girl as a PERSON. Sometimes, it's hard to find another special somebody...when you have one there right under your nose. Seriously think about this before making any descisons you'll live to regret.
Will be praying for you
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives