Please help! a nasty rumor and PMT dot mix, I need advice!

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Please help! a nasty rumor and PMT dot mix, I need advice!

Postby what_is_life » Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:39 pm

Right excuse me for the use of blunt language here but i cant express it any other way!

I have just got back from cadets tonight in rather a sad mood :( My Girlfriend has been all happy at cadets all night and has been happily playing with her friends and rolling around with some of the other lads (this isn't my problem by the way, thats just my girlfriend) as we have been doing sports on the grass. When i tried to talk to her/sit next to her/put my arm around her she just walked off, i later confronted her and asked if anything was wrong and she told me to leave her alone, but not in a stroppy manner, she just seemed tired of been asked the question.

Not been a girl myself, but i can spot PMT a mile off with her. I decided to have a quiet chat with her friend who i 100% trust and after a bit of persuasion got her to tell me that there is a rumour going round about us and one of her friends spoke these excact words to my girlfriend:

'I have heard that you were on myname's bed the other night then he fingered you and you tossed him off'

This would not be a problem if it had been a rumour, but it is true and is exactly what happened, I have only mentioned any of this to one of my friends who i also 100% trust, but only as a matter of how well we are getting on, not bragging to him because thats childish.

my girlfriends friend also told me that Naturally my girlfriend thinks i have been talking about it to everyone, and bragging to all the lads, as she does not think the people she has told would tell anyone else either.

Now is my main problem:
My Girlfriend does NOT know that i know about this, she is just trying to act kind of normal, so i confront her after cadets when we were alone and round the back of the building, i dont get any response out of her except shrugs, i ask her if there's anything wrong with us, as in me and her and she just shakes her head. By this point we usually kiss but she isn't returning my hug, so i tell her that i've overheard conversations about people talking about us, and ask her if there is anything i should know, she just shrugs.

I then explain that i haven't been talking to anyone about 'What happened the over night' and she returns my hug, i ask her if she is in the mood for kissing and she just shakes her head, by the way she hasn't looked at me dead on in the eyes yet, 30 seconds later she kisses me and she means it, she isn't just trying to get rid of me, i explain that i have to go and say nothing else except for i'll walk up with you (she is on her bike) and she just speeds off without saying bye or see you later, i shout 'bye then' after her but she just keeps on riding.

Now i know this MAY be down to PMT, but surely she cannot be happy with everyone but me. What is the best approach to take now?, she is working all weekend and i wont see her probably until next week, so when is a good time to ring her, and if she is still in this sort of mood with me what would be the appropriate steps to take, because i just cannot seem to win at the moment!

Please help, it would help to put my mind at ease...

Thanks Me x.
what_is_life
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby what_is_life » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:10 pm

Ok, it's next day no-ones replied so i'll update you, i have tried to clean up to occupy my mind a little so i can forget about the subject and after listening to lots of music i feel a little better. I can't see anyone today because everyones working including My girlfriend which i thought i better back off for a while to let things clear and settle down, i have been told through phone conversations last night that she still really really likes me but she isn't showing me this at the moment, everyone thinks we make such a great couple and it would be a shame to see it end.

Oh and by the way, for any one who has read the post by me,
Worth the Risk?

We decided to start lightly on a sexual relationship, in other words not all the way. And look what happens as a result! I feel stupid for telling even my best friend now! If this is what a little bit off fun has caused then im steering well clear of anything else for now!

Thanks for all the advice on that post to!

Byeeee! Me x.
what_is_life
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

hey.

Postby Foxy136 » Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:47 pm

hi. well you seem to be sorting your own problems pretty well but ill offer my point of view, although it may not be of much use!

I think this just needs time. She is probably embarassed and thinks the whole world knows what you were up to and is laughing at her. She can put on a front to everyone else but you know here well and she doesnt want to completely hide how she is feeling to you she just doesnt want to come right out and say what is wrong. I think that you should stick by her and talk to her and reasure her that you didnt go around telling the world and eventually she will come round, realise that it isnt the end of the world or the talk of the town and then you can move on with your relationship.

Hope that helps, and dont worry too much plz.

Foxy xx
Foxy136
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby what_is_life » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:19 pm

You may refuse to believe me! but it has helped! :D

You have reassured me im doing the right thing

Thanks Me x.
what_is_life
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives