Just a friend???

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Just a friend???

Postby madbird » Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:22 pm

I've been friends with a guy for a few years. Ive always fancied him and a short while ago we ended up spending the night together. He'd just split with his girlfriend & said it didnt mean anything to him, but it did to me. He also said hes known for a while how I feel about him, but it wouldnt work because hes quite a bit younger than me & doesnt know what he wants & has nothing to offer me. None of those things matter to me but I understand why hes cautious because were at such different times in our lives.

I know he cares about me, he tells everyone he does and even told one of our other friends that he loves me, in what way though Im not sure. Hes always there for me, looks out for me and seems jealous at times over other men who show interest in me. I'm exactly the same with him and seeing him with other girls is driving me mad with jealously & I just cant handle it & we recently fell out because of it, although he doesnt know the real reason & couldn't understand what hed done.

Are the reasons he's given just excuses! and if he has these feelings for me is it possible for them to turn into something more??? Or if not how can I cope just being friends with him feeling the way I do??

Any suggestions? :cry:

Edited by Enigma on 26 June 2003 to resolve punctuation problem (ASCII not processed properly).
madbird
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby madbird » Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:23 am

Hasn't anyone got an opinion??? :cry:
madbird
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Mr.L » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:47 pm

you want this guy now? If you had your mind on this guy then why did you sleep with your best mates husband?!
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Mr.L
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby madbird » Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:37 pm

Because it was before. YEAH i want this guy. I didn't realise this was judge & jury. Why answer if you've got nothing constructive to say? people that come on here need help not condeming any further!
madbird
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby mariamaria » Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:13 pm

we have to give our opinions. if you don't like other people's opinions don't post posts on here!
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby tammybligh » Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:11 pm

I think this is another case where honesty is the best policy. Tell him how you feel about him seeing other people. This business about having nothing to offer is more than likely his way of saying that he doesn't want to settle down just yet.

What you have to decide is, can you be 'just good friends' with this guy?? If not, it may save you a lot of heartache in the longrun if you knock it on the head now. If he has feelings for you, then the thought of not speaking to you again may make him realise what he wants.....??

I know this wasn't a particularly useful post, but I thought it had to be better than the other comments on here :lol: !!!

I hope it all works out....
tammybligh
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby madbird » Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:15 pm

I just meant that people need advice that come on here, not WHY did you do it, it just doesn't help, but I understand what you're saying.

Thanks for your advice Tammy, it's much appreciated, I guess I'll have to tell him how I feel & see what happens from there.
madbird
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Enigma » Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:59 pm

buttercup wrote:thanx for replying to mine!! yea i think u r more than friends howmuch younger age doesnt matter u seem to get on the best and care for each other so what have u got to lose!! he seems to want this to so y not try if u dont ask ull never find out!! if hes jealous and protective then he does care for u more than friends

have a go and c

keep meposted

madbird wrote:Thanks I think i need to be honest with him, see what he says and take things from there.

Let me know how things go with you.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives