Possesive ex wants to ruin everything

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Possesive ex wants to ruin everything

Postby jax » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:20 pm

My ex is constantly texting me and threatining to start rumours about our past relationship. He has threatened to go to my parents and tell them we had a sexual relationship...this wouldnt bother me but its not the truth. I cant handle this and do not know where to turn. He could ruin my relationship with my parents...
jax
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby mariamaria » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:29 pm

Hun, go to the police. That's harassment and you could get him done for it. Don't let him do that to you. Nobody has a right over anybody to ruin their lives. Except parents....But anyway, yeah, go to the police. They'll be able to help you. :) Good luck. I hope this helped xxx
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Lorelei » Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:15 pm

I agree with Mariamaria, what he is doing is illegal. I don't know what sort of relationship you have with your parents but if it's even remotely ok, TELL THEM!!! Tell them about the blackmail, tell them what he's threatening to say, tell them it's not true and that he's obviously crazy. I bet they'll understand, they might help you to go to the police but either way you won't ever have to worry about that side of the problem again! Best of luck!xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby jax » Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:41 pm

Thanks guys...i know what he's doing is wrong and i want it to stop but i think theres something wrong with him.i dont think the police will understand but i'll try. i think hes all there... im not sure if the best approach would be talk to him.
let me know what u think
xxx
jax
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby mariamaria » Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:01 pm

No. Disable all future contact with this person. The more you try and talk to him, the more he'll try and talk you out of it. Just report him and see what happens to him.
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby jax » Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:03 pm

just to let you know i've sorted all this out.i took it to a friends cousin who is in the police and we had a chat about things.. :) thank you so much you really helped me
jax
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby mariamaria » Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:09 pm

That's good news, jax. I wish you every success in the future. After all, you deserve it.

God Bless xxx
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives