Boyfriend...Best friend???

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Boyfriend...Best friend???

Postby justin_luver » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:50 am

well i think for this problem i need 2 give you some background first or u wont understand what i mean, so here it goes

i have been with this lad, say fred for a month now, and when im with him its great hes nice an caring and everything, but when im not with him and im around my friends its like i want to break up with him. all my friends dont like him.

there is this one lad that im friends with say hes called bob, and he was asking if i was happy with fred and i was saying no at the time, so he said finish with him and go out with me then. i have liked him for some time in "that way" so my best girl mate thought id be good to try an set us up

she told him i was gonna finish with fred to go out with bob, and so he was all happy but then when it came to itr i couldnt finish with fred because i realised how much i liked him, and bob got really upset.

now its wierd between me an bob, ad he is still askin if we can go on a !trail to see what it'd belike if we went out but im with fred, and i dont no what to do , i care for fred but bob is a good mate as well

plz help me i dont no what to do
justin_luver
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

do both

Postby mazzy » Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:28 am

if bob was a mate he would back off and let you make up your own mind.i think you shoiuld stay with fred and give him a chance and tell bob that he's to late and come back if and when you break up with fred.

Or else you could give bob a trial run and see if he's good in bed.
find out reason they don't like fred and then see if you can change their minds if you can't tell them they are going to have to like it or lump.he's not their boyfriend.

Edited for content misatok11 11/07/03
mazzy
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Lorelei » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:55 pm

Sometimes, it's hard to go out with someone who's outside your group of friends. I can totally relate to how you feel about Fred: when you're with him, you get on great, but when you're with your friends maybe you feel almost embarrassed to be with him because you know they don't accept him?
If you went out with Bob, I think it would be just to keep all your friends happy, including him. It's always nice when your mates agree with what you're doing and you probably have visions of how easy everything would be if you were with Bob, you, he and your friends would all hang out and have fun and like each other.
But would you miss Fred?
If so, then you know what to do. As Mazzy said, it's very easy for people to tell you what you should do when they're not the ones who have to do it!
If you want Fred (and you're brave enough to admit it to your friends), tell Bob and co. to leave you alone. If you want Bob (and an easy life) get out of poor Fred's life now because he doesn't deserve this. Or maybe you should not be in a relationship at all. Maybe you just want to hang out with your friends and not have to deal with a boyfriend at all. Did you ever think of that?
Best of luck with it all!
xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby justin_luver » Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:02 am

well i ave decided 2 stay wiv fred an realised i only liked bob in a friendship way because he was giving me alot of attention thou i thought it was more,
but bob foned me last nite and sed that he wasnt just tryin 2 break me an fred up but he had heardthat fred had said this " he didnt like me an was only with me because i wanted 2 be with him, an that he was asking gurls 2 peace him"

i finished with him over a tx messeage but now i regret it but have i done the right thing, i no it wasnt just bob stirrin he was upset that i got upset and everything
justin_luver
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Lorelei » Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:28 pm

Well, if Fred was saying nasty things about you behind your back, you were right to finish with him. And now you know that you only like Bob as a friend. So I think you're better off without either of them. If Fred can be bothered to contact you to defend himself, you can see how you feel about him then but you shouldn't be the one running back to him when he was going behind your back! And if he doesn't bother trying to get you back, he's not worth the trouble. You'll find someone wonderful, you'll see... Someone that you have NO doubts about and who treats you brilliantly! Hope he comes along soon, best of luck!xxx
Lorelei
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives