seperation due to the war

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

seperation due to the war

Postby blondiegj » Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:51 pm

i have been with my partner for 18 months now trouble is he is in the miliatry so he is based in Germany...he has never visited me or called me in the whole 18 months always me travelling to Germany...5 months ago he got deployed to the Gulf...i saw him 2 weeks b4 he went and he told me he cared deeply for me and that he'd write and asked me to wait for him...i love him deeply so i said i would ...i have written every week without fail for the past 5 months but i am still waiting for my first letter from him....what do i do ...do i wait patiently for him till he comes home in Dec or do i forget about him and move on...he is due for releae from the miliatry next spring and he told me he wanted to come live with me and my son in the Uk but i dont know if im fooling myself that it will ever happen...we get on fantasticly and have a great time together when we see each other....
blondiegj
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby misatok11 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:12 pm

Ok first of all. Military mail or "blueies" can be nororiously slow. I know. He may be a bit busy at the minute. If all else fails give him a call.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jules62 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:20 pm

If I was you, I would write to him one more time before giving up but the fact that he hasn't come over to see you at all in the 18 months is a bit worrying. My sister lives in Germany and I know that it isn't expensive for him to come over so I am wondering if he is the right one for you. It seems to me that he enjoys being chased but doesn't want to get too involved. It is possible that he may have been hurt badly in the past but if he has he needs to takl to you about it. If you get no response after that last letter I would seriously consider moving on
Jules62
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby mariamaria » Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:38 pm

Keep trying to contact him for the next week. If you get no reply, you'll have to give up as it seems that he isn't as bothered about you as he claims to be.

He might want a relationship but he just might not be ready for one. I think that you should try to contact him for the next week and if you don't get a reply, give up. Find somebody else.

Take care and God Bless x
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby tammybligh » Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:49 pm

Misatok11 is right. Blueies are painfully slow. We had family in the gulf earlier in the year, and we were getting post about a month and a half after it was written!!

Give him the benefit of the doubt for now. It could just be that he doesn't like writing letters?? You know him better than I do. I've never been out with a guy who liked writing!

If you haven't heard anything in the next month I'd suspect that he's not as serious about this as you are.

Good luck x
tammybligh
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives