Boyfriend won't work

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Boyfriend won't work

Postby Jules62 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:59 am

I have been with my boyfriend for 14 months now and I am also pregnant. The only problem with him is that he refuses to look for work, and it is hard enough as he has got no education. It never bothered me before now but as there is a baby on the way I thought that he would at least try and make an effort but he isn't bothered and now I don't know what to do because he goes in a bad mood if anyone tries to talk to him about it or if we look for jobs for him. The other problem is I don't want to be a single Mum and I love him to pieces but I am having a knightmare. Please help me!!!!!!!!!
Jules62
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby mariamaria » Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:40 pm

He's one of THOSE people. You might love him, Jules, but to be honest, he's no good for you. He's not going to help provide for you and the child when the child comes along. Do you know what I think you should do? Talk to him and ask him why he won't find a job. If he doesn't give you a good enough reason, you could always turn to your family, couldn't you?

You could always be a single mother. Yes, you may love him, but many women become single mothers after many men leave them for "better lives". Are you sure that he wants this child? Is he mature enough to help you raise this child? Did you think about all of these things before you got pregnant?
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives