This is ABUSE.

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

This is ABUSE.

Postby fallenstarxx » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:36 pm

I recently seen the abuse adverts on the tv again for relationship abuse so I had a look at the website...This is something I feel so strongly about now as in my previous relationship I walked away from mental & physical abuse.
http://thisisabuse.direct.gov.uk/ (have a look at the video clips can you relate to this?)
I think it's also important to say that abuse can happen to male or females in a relationship too.
Looking back and reading this site made me realise just how much I could actually relate to, a year on from walking away from the abuse I suffered it still affects me, but I'm putting this here because I feel so many people out there are just dealing with the suffering. The hardest part is taking that step and leaving that abusive person, believe me it gets easier. I really would hate to think of anyone going through what I did or worse?

One year on from my horrible relationship I'm not needing to justify why I have my male friends, i'm getting my confidence back, I realise I'm not a s*ut or a type of girl who is likely to cheat, I'm generous, I'm fun not miserable, I don't need to justify my every move or text back as soon as i get texted, I'm not common, I spend my money on things because I want to and worked hard for it, I'm not covering up things from my friends. I'm ME again, the fun loving happy girl who I was previous to all that hurt. I have achieved so so much and I did most of that on my own. I'm doing well at University, have lots of friends old and new, I go shopping, I go partying, I have my 2 jobs, i have my lovely new flat, i passed my driving test and i'm gonna travel when i finish uni :) everything i would never have done with that arrogant controling pig by my side putting me down. Please have faith in yourself you can feel this way too.

Have a think about it.. You are strong you can do it...I really hope this post makes people have a real look at themself xxx
fallenstarxx
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives