Reason to stay?

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Reason to stay?

Postby Mrdad » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:59 am

I was wondering if anyone has stayed with a partner because they have children with them, or other reasons why you have stayed in a relationship when you was unhappy? For those that have read my post "is it wrong" you will understand why I ask? Thanks
Mrdad
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Reason to stay?

Postby rufio89 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:42 am

I personally havent, and growing up as a child of parents who are very unhappily married, I'm a big advocate for NOT staying together for the sake of the children.

However, from your other post, it doesnt sound like your marriage is dead, just sort of stagnating a little and I really do think it would be worth having some marriage counselling to see if you can improve things before you make any drastic decisions. Time and time again you hear about husbands and wives leaving essentially because they got bored then regretting it later on and realising what they had when it's too late.

At the end of the day, the best thing for your kids is to have happy parents, whether that's together or separately, but I do think it's very important when children are involved to explore all of the options before walking away from a marriage, so I would really urge you to find a good marriage counsellor before you make any decisions that will impact on the lives of your children, and that you could potentially regret.
rufio89
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bel Bel » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:46 am

100% agree with Rufio
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby Akidma » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:48 pm

How can anyone stay with someone because they have a child/children together. That isn't a basis for a good relationship so why make the sacrifice. The children will be able to sense the rift between the parents; they will be unhappy though it may not be evident until they themselves are in a relationship later in life; your children's relationship could then could be harmed as a direct result.
It is my belief that if a relationship is over then parents should part; try to build a new life and not let the past affect anything they say or do with the children.
Akidma
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives