Advice needed please

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Advice needed please

Postby Me2782 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:54 pm

I am a bit confused about a situation I am in at work and would like a little bit of advice.

In the summer, a male who I work with confided in me that his wife had left him. He didn't tell anyone else and I became someone who he could talk to a lot about his feelings. We get on really well and I value him as a friend. I have myself thought about a relationship with him.

Lately, he has started to text a girl who is 12 years younger than him who we work with. He keeps telling me the texts are flirty and she isn't girlfriend material and he just likes the attention. He talks about this girl a lot to me and to be honest, it upsets me after all I have done for him, he never asks me how I am.

The girl who he texts has a boyfriend and she makes no secret of the texts he sends her, although she doesn't say they are flirty. Someone has now told me, that he may be talking so much about this girl because he likes me but I can't work anything out.

Any help, would be great please.
Me2782
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Advice needed please

Postby Tucco » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi there,
you may find that he see`s you as a friend only, I would also say that if his Marriage has not long broken up he is unlikely to be ready to jump straight back into a relationship and wants to play the field a bit instead which is why he is happy texting and flirting.
If you give him support and help when he needs it and a little bit of time things could work out for you.
Good luck.
Tucco
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: Advice needed please

Postby Me2782 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:55 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I've been thinking about this and to make things stranger, the girl he texts has now booked an exotic holiday for her and her boyfriend at the end of this year.
I also think he probably sees us both as good friends. He just has a different kind of relationship. With me, he talks about his divorce and children, with her he just carries on and talks about the gym and diets. Who knows but things seem calmer.
Me2782
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives