Break up confusion

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Break up confusion

Postby gem81 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:37 pm

My partner split up with me the other day,after begging for an answer he said its because he wants to be a dad and I said I didnt want anymore children. I knew when I met him he wanted a family and when things got serious we talked about it and he said it didnt matter and that he loved me. He has obviously come to the conclusion since that his desire to be a dad is greater than to be with me. I have explained to him that I said I didnt want a baby as I am scared of being a single parent and I have back problems aswell as depression,I am also already a mum to a 15 year old. I have said in time I may want to start a family with him but at four months together I feel it is too early to be thinking of children,he said he wants a family as soon as he can,hes 39 so I imagine thats why although at 33 I am no spring chicken myself! I dont know whether to try and salvage this relationship or not. Surely if he loved me he would wait until I was ready and trust him not to leave? Or is he thinking surely if she loved me she would want to have my child? I am so confused!! Thoughts and advice please?
gem81
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Break up confusion

Postby Tucco » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi Gem,

I think it is far too early in the relationship to start trying for a baby, if he is set to leave after just 4 months I think you have had a lucky escape.

Move on and good luck.
Tucco
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Re: Break up confusion

Postby Bel Bel » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:18 pm

I agree you should not chase down this guy to stay because ultimately you want different things
You know you don't really want another child and so does he so why prolong the agony or end up giving in and resenting him
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives