Girlfriend messaging a guy she met on holiday

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Girlfriend messaging a guy she met on holiday

Postby DanWalker1992 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:16 pm

Ok so here goes... My girlfriend has just come back from a week in Spain. She went with two other friends. I didn't look at her phone but happened to see it when she was using it, she messaged a guy saying 'its me (then a nickname that he must have given her) sorry I didn't have time to say goodbye, thank you for a fun time and all of the dancing! and see you next year (as she wants to go with her friends next year too)' and asked for another guys facebook details. She hasn't added the guy as a friend.

i let this go over my head but then i later saw again when she thought i wasn't looking, her messaging another guy whom she also must have met saying thanks for a fun time on the holiday (i didnt see the rest) The thing is, she has mentioned the people who she met but left out these guys, and hasn't told me that she messaged them.

I do trust her but i can't help to have doubts about this because I feel its odd how she didn't meet any females nor did she mention these guys when she mentioned everyone else she met and hasn't bothered to contact them. Do you think this is anything to worry about?

She messaged me a lot during the holiday but not once mentioned these guys that she met, I feel weird because I would never think about meeting girls abroad and messaging them when I got home without her knowing. I really do think the dancing part of the message could be suggestive and the fact that he has given her a nickname too? I'm not a paranoid person but i do feel like this is a little odd.

Thank you for your thoughts
DanWalker1992
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Girlfriend messaging a guy she met on holiday

Postby snail » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:22 pm

I think you're right to be a little worried. She may not have slept with these men or anything but the nickname, the exchanging of contact details, and the concealment of it from you, suggests that these are relationships of a sexual nature. That then suggests that she isn't fully committed to the relationship with you.

Probably the best thing to do is to openly ask her about all you've seen and explain your worries about it. Based on her answer it's up to you what you then decide to do.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DanWalker1992 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:01 pm

snail wrote:I think you're right to be a little worried. She may not have slept with these men or anything but the nickname, the exchanging of contact details, and the concealment of it from you, suggests that these are relationships of a sexual nature. That then suggests that she isn't fully committed to the relationship with you.

Probably the best thing to do is to openly ask her about all you've seen and explain your worries about it. Based on her answer it's up to you what you then decide to do.

I was afraid of that... I mean she is quite friendly so for me it's hard to see whether it is all innocent or whether there is more to it.
DanWalker1992
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby David020549 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:40 pm

Dan

Maybe she did get intimate maybe not, she would not mention the men in case you jumped to conclusions, but now if you ask her she will know you are jealous/angry/suspicious. It is a no win situation, so either live with it or face the possibility of a break up. Holiday romances are notoriously unreliable, if you really want this girl then take her on holiday yourself.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby DanWalker1992 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:28 pm

David020549 wrote:Dan

Maybe she did get intimate maybe not, she would not mention the men in case you jumped to conclusions, but now if you ask her she will know you are jealous/angry/suspicious. It is a no win situation, so either live with it or face the possibility of a break up. Holiday romances are notoriously unreliable, if you really want this girl then take her on holiday yourself.

Good advice mate, thanks, it is a tricky one, she knows i'm not jealous guy too
DanWalker1992
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives