Do women like sex?

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Do women like sex?

Postby forlorn1 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:58 pm

I've only ever had 2 partners. My first gf had little interest in sex and referred to herself as frigid. Iv been with my current partner now for 6 years and we have 3 kids. She wasnt against sex to begin with but said she had always wondered if she was 'asexual'. We had a good sex-life at first, but since having children it has become non-existent. Pregnancy and breastfeeding I understood the lack of sex drive. We've pretty much completed our family now, but my partner has latched onto this term 'asexual' and seems to identify herself by it. She does have sex with me, but it is only after the constant rejection leaves me hurt and it comes to a head and we have an argument and have make up sex. She doesnt show affection, has no interest in romance or intimacy, and to be honest is pretty similar to how my ex was.

I am a good looking successful guy, and I know exactly what I am doing in bed (I know this will seem an obvious explanation - but really I know what to do) and the constant rejection on a physical and emotional level is really beginning to destroy me. She simply says she isnt interested in romance or sex or even love.

I long to be desired, shown affection and made to feel loved and wanted. She makes me feel invisible. She just doesnt seem to want the normal things people want in life. She has a history of depression but insists she isnt depressed. Her attitude is that this is her and I have to lump it.

I dont want to break up, mainly for the kids, and I dont want anyone else - but Im just not getting her. We've been engaged for 5 years but she says she doesnt want to get married.

She says Im the sexiest man she's ever met and that she loves me, but I feel like if I died tomorrow she wouldnt care or even notice. I dont get why she hasnt left me or why she said yes and had 3 kids with me. She seems totally uninterested in my happiness or indeed her own.

This isnt normal surely? But my ex gf was like this too. Is it me?

I dreamed of being cherished by a woman who loved me and desired me. I dont get anything like this back from her.

Having never been with a woman who seems to like sex, Im beginning to wonder if they even exist, or is it just a male fantasy?

Am I wrong to want more? If you are a woman who likes and wants sex could you tell me so I know whether this is normal or not
forlorn1
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Do women like sex?

Postby Rarity » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:40 pm

Hi. First of all, I'm a woman and I LOVE sex! And I know a lot of other girls that do too! I'm not totally sure what your wife means by "asexual" because as far as I'm aware that means you can reproduce without the need for a male (correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a long time since I was at school!)

To be brutally honest, it sounds like your wife may have lost interest... If the sex when you first got together was great and often, then she must have felt that she wanted some intamacy with you. As a girl that split with my ex a few months ago, I can say I felt the same way about him. after being in a long term relationship and after a baby together, I was just no longer interested in sex, or a relationship with him. He used to feel hurt by it, anD like you, the only sex was make up sex. Which I detested. We broke up a few months back and I now have a new boyfriend who I can't get enough of, and it's usually me initiating the sexy time with him! (Again, proof us women DO like sex!!)

I know how you feel about not wanting to break up for the kids sake, I felt the same and ended up in an unhappy relationship for 3 years before I did anything about it. But the way I saw it was, why be unhappy and not get what I want and deserve? Kids are very understanding, and grow used to change pretty quickly. You need to ask yourself if your happy to "lump it" with this woman? Or do you want to be with someone who will give you the love and attention you crave? Being unhappy and felt like your not appreciated could ultimately end in your own depression. I felt very down by the end of my relationship, as my ex never used to give me any attention, care about what I want etc... He was all of himself. Now that I broke free of that I have found a wonderful man who loves me and cherishes ms, and I actually have someone I feel like I can spend my life with.

The decision is upto you, and if you love this woman you should fight for her. Maybe sit her down and tell her how all this is making you feel? Your a man, and man and woman alike have needs. This is the sort of thing that could lead to people being unfaithful to their partners. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find happiness, with her or otherwise. You deserve to be loved like you want to be!
Rarity
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Do women like sex?

Postby David020549 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:48 am

Most do like sex, although this varies with time and as a couple you have to accommodate that, as the years go by sex drive might diminish only to increase later there are no rules. Even after the menopause when the fear of pregnancy had gone couples do have good sex lives into their sixties and beyond as long as they both enjoy it.
What puts many women off is "bad sex" either abusive or just plain insensitive, many men are rotten lovers and just don't know how to make love so that she gets properly aroused. Emotions play a big part, loyalty, security, companionship, lack of any of these can be a big turn off, so can lack of money but plenty of couples who are broke get on fine because they love and trust each other.
Without a good sexlife little problems can become big ones very easily then the relationship can spiral out of control so we all need to be very carefull that we are good partners and really turn each other on.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives