Advice please - your opinions

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Advice please - your opinions

Postby Deerhound » Sun May 31, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi

I've been in my current job about 18 months now and my feelings for a male colleague have even growing for the past 8 to 10 months or so.

While he's a friendly, funny guy, he keeps his home life kind of private and is quite a shy guy on the relationship front. Some of my colleagues know I like him and have known him longer than me and said in the 7 years they've known him they've never known him to have a girlfriend. None if us think he's a one night stand kind of guy either.

He's in his mid 20s, as am I.

We all chat in work and there's always lots of banter. Occasionally I've caught him looking at me and
vice versa and we've quickly looked away.

We've had lots of chatty banter for ages via text. He has recently started to put 'x' at the end of texts sometimes.

A few months ago when his parents we're on holiday, he phoned me slightly drunk and we chatted. He said to come over for a drink. It was 11pm and I was already in bed for work the following morning. He said he'd take me in work on the morning. I declined his offer. He said a few days later he didn't realise how late it was. So nothing came of that.

He has called a few times since and we've spoken about our dogs and work and stuff.

A few weeks ago he called me, slightly drunk again and we chatted. He also text and put two 'xx' at the end of texts that night. He asked me was I up for a dog walk the following day. I said yes and we met up for a walk. He knows I like his dog and if felt more friend zone than anything else though.

He doesn't call or text anyone else as much as me as far as I know.

I just can't work him out at all.

Thoughts and advice please?
Deerhound
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Advice please - your opinions

Postby David020549 » Sun May 31, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi . You don't actually say wether you are male or female, Deerhound suggests male to me but it does not really matter. I'd guess he is shy and looking for friendship, so if that would suit you get to know him better maybe he just wants to be a mate, maybe looking for a relationship.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Mrconfused74 » Sun May 31, 2015 7:01 pm

As David said without knowing your sex it's difficult to fully comment. However based on what you've said it does sound like he's interested, perhaps the drunken calls are simply because he's felt more confident after a few drinks so is able to express himself more. Whilst the kisses can just be a friendship thing, I do that with female friends of mine. But if your a guy then yes it might be more than that, perhaps a way of testing your reaction. If you had said why did you put a kiss he could've said it was habit, or a mistake etc. the fact you didn't would tell him your interested. He's also suggested a walk which means he wants to get you on your own, so it sounds promising, if we knew more like if your male or female it may be easier to help.
Mrconfused74
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Deerhound » Sun May 31, 2015 7:47 pm

Thank you...

I'm female.
Deerhound
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Mrconfused74 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:55 pm

It could simply be that he doesn't know if you like him, did anything happen on the walk? Like I said before the drunken calls could simply have been Dutch courage, and because you passed on his offer he may have thought you just want to be friends. Guys aren't too good at reading the signs when it comes to a girl liking them, they often get confused between a girl being friendly and flirting. Have you given any hints that you like him? Do you put a x at the end of your texts? If you really like him you may need to be a bit more obvious about your feelings. For example when you talk, touch his arm or hand see how he reacts, the fact he asked you on a walk is a big sign, but maybe you need more, or to take the initiative. It's not easy when your unsure of someone's intentions, especially if it is that they just want to be friends.
Mrconfused74
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives