Awkward issues on relationship

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Awkward issues on relationship

Postby Monkeycheese » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:24 pm

I will try and keep it short and to the points that are of a major concern to me although it is a very long story! Ok me and boyfriend have been together just over 3 years I thought we grew naturally into a relationship and he would always say he didn't want anything to heavy right now but we acted like a proper couple. I wild so anything for this guy from day one but over time felt a bit like it was never returned. Is get him cards and presents for special occasions and is just get a text as he said he doesn't do cards.... I'd hint like mad but nothing changed and I even took him to Amsterdam for his birthday! Well over time I stopped doing so much but a year into it I lent him about £1200. This is 2 years ago and he hasn't had a stable job since bit said at the time he would repay me. Fast forward to now I've asked a fair few times for bits to be repaid and it's getting embarrassing now as no attempts are being made. That is awkward issue number one as I really need the money now due to my position which leads on to issue two. Last year after 2 years of being together I found out I was pregnant. He was totally hissed off and said I deceived him and it was all my fault. We don't live together and since discovering the pregnancy we grew apart as I was constantly tired and unable to do much like travel to see him like I used too etc he never came to appointments and subsequently never came to the labour even though we sort of seen each other during the 9 months as I just kept giving him time to get used to the idea. Baby is now 7 months old and it's low I am still waiting for him to man up. I have bought and done everything for the baby and even put up his cot whilst I was a tank. He isn't consistent with visits but has gotten better as he now wants a serious relationship!! Typical as now I feel put off from him now as I have been faithful he whole time and now he decides he wants t be committed when I'm not so keen as I feel like I'm used to being the single parent. Respect to anyone who has read this much as I did say it wouldn't be long! But basically that's the major things, I want my money back but he doesn't financially help with baby and makes it clear he's broke anyway and secondly how can I get rid of the resentment from the events of dealing with pregnancy and labour alone and going so far with the baby single handedly??? It's become such a turn off when I used to be so in love with this guy.
Monkeycheese
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Awkward issues on relationship

Postby Tucco » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:50 am

To be honest do you really need anyone to tell you the obvious? The guy is a lowlife, you need to cut all ties with him even if that means losing out on the money he owes you. In reality you can only expect the following from him, 1 to be constantly let down, 2 for your child to be constantly let down, 3 for him not to repay you and more likely to sponge more money from you.

As a guy I am staggered by anyone who would not want to be part of their childs life, including supporting the Mother by attending hospital appointments etc.
This is a one way ticket to appearing on Jeremy Kyle, you need to stay well away from this guy.

Good luck.
Tucco
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives