"I don't know how I feel about this relationship"

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: "I don't know how I feel about this relationship"

Postby ConfusedAndy » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:48 pm

I'm back from my Turning Point meeting, and it went well. I explained all the issues and I'll be going to see one of their nurses in about 3 weeks time for a blood test to see how my liver function is.

Having been binge drinking since about the age of 17 they want to check me out. And abstinence means taking medication that will make me severely ill if I have alcohol. Moderation is willpower plus a little support.
ConfusedAndy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby miaow » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:02 pm

Great news you e been and sought support.

Have you discusses this with your partner, how did it all go as you said she was unsure what she wanted?
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby ConfusedAndy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:42 am

We are still at a cross roads with our relationship. She went to see a psychic medium at a fair at the weekend, who told her that I was her "soul mate" *pinch of salt*! I'm not into all that stuff but if it goes some way to helping with the relationship, I'm all for it :lol:

I have continued to be alcohol free (9 days now) and will continue this way to help build trust. I am going for a blood test at Turning Point on Wednesday and we'll take it from there. I discussed it with my partner and she believes, for me, moderation is the key. She doesn't believe I am dependent on alcohol and medication seems a bit extreme. However, I will continue with abstinence for the time being regardless, and I definitely won't drink alcohol around her, ever.
ConfusedAndy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby ConfusedAndy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:44 pm

Blood test done - pin cushion today, I've got to give blood tonight as well! :lol:
ConfusedAndy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby miaow » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:04 pm

All for the greater good.

I hate giving blood - good luck with it!
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby ConfusedAndy » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:43 am

Giving blood is one of the less selfish things I've done. I don't like the massive needles myself, but if I can help just one person then I'm happy to get jabbed. I woke up feeling hungover though, might be because I've not drunk enough water after handing over my blood.
ConfusedAndy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Previous

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives