In Love With a Jehovah's Witness

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

In Love With a Jehovah's Witness

Postby PlusOps2 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Hi, at the start of year 12 at college I met this girl who I thought looked really pretty. At the start we kept looking at each other from across the room and this happened at lot more at time went on. At this point I knew she was interested. I eventually made the effort to go and speak to her and I did this once a week for a while just chatting to her and getting to know her. After a while of doing this for several weeks I wanted to ask her out on a date because she is a really nice person and also very good looking. After I asked her she told me that she is a Jehovah Witness and is not allowed to date outside of her faith. I got really upset over this as I am not religious at all. Things were awkward between us for about two weeks but after that it got back to normal. I made sure I didn't just "ditch" her after this by still going up to her and chatting to her frequently. I realised after a while that she had told her friends about what happened because they kept looking at me usually grinning or smiling. She also continued to look at me from across the room and this still continues now. We are in some of the same classes and even then i notice her looking at me, however she never comes to me, I allways go to her but I think thats because she is usually quiet and just minds her own business.
After the summer holidays I gave her a gift i got her from abroad and she was really happy about it.
I have spoke to some ex Jehovah Witnesses and they have told me not to give up because it is still possible.
I really want to ask her for her phone number as she is not on Facebook so i can chat to her outside of college however i am not sure if she would be willing to give her number to me.
I really dont want to give up as she seems perfect and from the signs she is giving she also likes me, the only problem is the religion.

Please help as i really get upset over her and cant imagine ever losing her.

PlusOps2
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: In Love With a Jehovah's Witness

Postby David020549 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:44 am

Her parents have spent many years bringing her up according to their religious beliefs so do not underestimate the obstacles you face. Even if she does become your serious girlfriend everything you both do will be under scrutiny and continually pressured to conform, this applies to many non conformist faiths not just JW.
Your best bet of success is to become a Jehovas Witness or at least be genuinely sympathetic to their beleifs.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives