Ex boyfriend problems

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Ex boyfriend problems

Postby Nats19 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to write and get some advice.

Me and and my bf broke up about 4 months ago. He had been in NZ for 3 months and when he came back we just kept arguing. It was a mutual break up and he cried to me etc but thought that was the only thing to do and kept saying he needed space. A lot happened between they 4 months I.e we both slept with other people but we'd always end up speaking again and he admitted anything he done was to get at me. Anyway I felt like I was getting over it then we started getting on really well again and it just messed with my head. I now wish we had tried again and did not give up so easily yet he said he doesn't want a relationship.

When we were together we did get on really well despite the arguments and I knew he was so in love with me. How can he move on so quickly and not want to try again? I feel like he's just shut that idea out completely and won't even consider it. I don't understand who guys brains work and all he keeps saying is that he's happy just now and doesn't want to be with anyone but I know he's not happy. I don't want to give up but I don't know what else to do.

Has anyone else been in this situation??
Nats19
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Ex boyfriend problems

Postby Mrconfused74 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:07 pm

Personally I don't think going back works, I've tried both with two former partners and whilst it was ok, it just wasn't the same. I think you will always have in your mind the reasons for the original split. Saying that the problem seems to be that you haven't moved on rather than the fact that he has. 4 months to some is a long time, although that can also depend on the length of the relationship. If it was 20 years maybe 4 months is quick, but people deal with things differently maybe he wanted to just move on to forget about it, if he was as upset it's possible he did it to just not be alone. If it's messing with your head then stop all contact until your head is straight, otherwise you'll always be wondering what if.
Mrconfused74
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives