Emotional abuse

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Emotional abuse

Postby Tarantula » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:36 pm

Hello PP!

I thought I would let you know that I've made a video all about emotional abuse, which is something I feel is not talked about enough and which seems to apply to many of the problems people post on here.

It's on YouTube, so PM me if you'd like to see it.

PS - I also do regular videos about child sexual abuse. Anyone who's familiar with my posts knows that it happened to me.

On a happy note, my posting this represents a real milestone in terms of how my life is going today. Honestly, things have never been better. Thank you, collectively, for anyone who's ever replied to any of my posts, which have been many, over the years. :D
Last edited by Tarantula on Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tarantula
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Re: Are you in an emotionally abusive relationship?

Postby David020549 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:14 am

Congratulations Siobhan all that took real guts I hope you go from strength to strength now.
David020549
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Trevaskiss » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:01 am

I'll have a peek at that when I get home from work.

I'm now 3 months out of an emotionally abusive relationship and I've got a feeling I'll need to be on my own to watch it as it's all still so very very raw for me.
Trevaskiss
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Celebritydiscodave » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:26 pm

I`m trying to run a sanctuary from home for young women the sufferers of such relationships, but actually, I`m finding it desperately hard. None of them have ever got even close to your stage, of being able to turn this negative experience into something positive, something which can be serviced in the counselling of the world. I think of this level of progression, when comfortably sustainable, as being characteristic of something like a near full recovery. In my opinion the only genuine experts are in reality those such as yourselves.
Celebritydiscodave

Postby Tarantula » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Thank you David, Trevaskiss and Disco Dave! I really appreciate that feedback.
Tarantula
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Trevaskiss » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:29 pm

Watched this last night and I could identify with sooooooooo many of the things you spoke about. Well done you on a) doing this video, b) getting out of the mess and c) turning your life around.

Getting out is the hardest thing in the world to do - and as you said, many times, you go back until one day you just can't take it any more.

As I was watching and listening, on each point you made, I visualised different scenarios I had with my ex where exactly those things happened.

P.S - I don't know what I imagined you to be like, but you were not at all what I imagined :D
Trevaskiss
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Tarantula » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:03 pm

Thank you T, I had a feeling it would resonate with you. And uh, thanks again - I think! You've kind of covered yourself there by saying you didn't know how you imagined me to be in real life :P

I've gone through so many cycles of anger and wanting to 'settle the score', and then feeling guilty for no reason, and then feeling again like it was all in my head, and then back to resentment. Now I'm mostly numb, and just glad I never hear from them. Doing this video really took me to the next level of closure, though. I remembered so many things as I was saying them. And it really is true what I said... the real lie is the one they're living. In your case, your ex parading someone new around town as if he isn't just using her now that you're no longer around for him to use as an emotional punching bag - classic. It's all smoke and mirrors. The next women will suffer the same fate, but you're free now.
Tarantula
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby brfc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:22 am

Out of interest why say it's for young women when men are also emotionally abused. It's not a gender thing it's a human thing.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brfc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:49 am

I found a very interesting article about men being emotionally abused and I'm surprised there are no support groups for them. There expected to just accept it I guess http://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/emoti ... abuse-too/ hope that's ok to post
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby snail » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:52 pm

I don't think gender makes much difference emotionally. Nonetheless, I think it still happens more often to women because of cultural/social reasons (patriarchal society).
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tarantula » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:23 pm

Sorry brfc I don't understand - where have I said it's for young women?
Tarantula
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives