EX now makes an effort after she found out im seeing someone

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

EX now makes an effort after she found out im seeing someone

Postby MrR78 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:40 pm

Hey guys

Posted here a while back so just wanted to provide and update and get some advice.

My ex who I work with started to date her ex a few months after we broke up and she blocked me. She would not even engage in work related stuff. I took the advice of this forum and moved on and I am now seeing another lady to is great.

So last Tuesday my ex girlfriend found about that my new girlfriend had a car accident (I work with me ex so the office knew). She found out because she overheard a mate speaking about it and confirmed it with him 3 times if I have a girlfriend.

According to him she has been a bit preoccupied for a few days and was reading emails I sent him. Now on Thursday she followed me down the stairs after work (she normally takes the lift) and today was in the kitchen when I was there. So I can presume maybe her guard has come down somewhat. She is now starting to acknowledge me in the office a bit more than she did.

We work together so I want to deal with it professionally. Is this a case of she is over me and ghosted me, and now that I am seeing someone, her guilt has eased, or is it case of "oh rubbish" he is finally gone?

Any advice will help

Thank you.
MrR78
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: EX now makes an effort after she found out im seeing som

Postby Mrconfused74 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:59 pm

Be professional, and courteous at work, and that's all, you have a new girl, so concentrate on her! It's possible she will try to get you back, but by the way she treated you before I would steer well clear..
Mrconfused74
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby MrR78 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:29 pm

Oh mate I plan on staying well clear. Breaking up with her made me do some soul searching and now I am way out of her league. What she does is her business, im just a bit surprised that all of a sudden she has gone from avoiding me to not being in my space but not having an issue being around me now.

I emailed her a long time ago saying that I had no problems with her and I will maintain professionalism. I also said that I don't want her to feel awkward around me because we once had something special. I got completely ignored. Now Im seeing someone, I think that has sparked some curiosity in her.

Either way she had it and she lost it!!!!
MrR78
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Country Joe » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:54 pm

Not quite sure what advice your looking for here? Is it that you want to establish whether or not your 'ex' still carries a torch for you or still cares for you? Is it that you wish to substantiate that it's ok to gloat....either way it all sounds rather aimless!
Country Joe
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby MrR78 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:56 pm

No not at all mate.

I am just trying to understand her behaviour. Its more to do with my own personal growth than anything else.

Now I have moved on the barriers have come down somewhat but there is still no dialogue. I don't see any reason why we cant remain professional. Im just tired of the games.
MrR78
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Minna » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi there. Well, here, for what it's worth, is a female reply! Yes, I suspect that you being happy with your new girlfriend and "getting over" your relationship with your ex has sparked her interest. Let's face it, I think we've all been curious when an ex finds someone else!
She may well have treated you badly when you were together (sorry, don't know your history with this lady), which meant that she didn't have a lot of respect for you or your feelings. Now she perhaps respects you a bit more, and therefore hangs around a bit more, because you have moved on and found happiness with someone other than her. She may even think it a fun game to try to snare you again, simply because people will always be interested in, who they were no longer interested in, when someone else comes on the scene!! That's just human nature I'm afraid - I don't think it's anything more than that with your ex.
So, carry on treating her in a professional, polite and respectful manner, either face to face, with friends and colleagues or on line, and move on to new and better things. Good luck for your future happiness.
Minna
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives