Is she shy or just not into me?

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Is she shy or just not into me?

Postby 19ironside12 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:31 pm

Hi everyone on Problem Pages.
This is my situation.
At my place of work there's a woman and I'm just not sure if she's into me or not.
She has difficulty addressing me by my name like she's never called me by my name and I'm pretty sure she knows it because people have called me by my name in front of her many times , yet she calls everybody else by their name. There could be a slim chance I suppose she doesn't know my name. She has flirted with me by touching me and hanging around or orbiting where ever I am. I've also noticed her looking at me. All pretty clear signs she likes me. Is she either too shy to talk to me or just isn't into me? Trouble is when ever I try to initiate a conversation she seems irritated. This gives me the impression she doesn't want me to talk to her or is she just nervous. She's really bubbly around everyone else. She always stands next to me or near me but never says anything I always have to talk to her first. Another thing I've noticed is she started to sit where I usually sit before I get there. Is she hoping I will sit next to her?
Should I just give up on her because is she shy? Should I be patient and in time she will start initiating conversation? Or is she just not into me?
19ironside12
Just Landed
Just Landed

Re: Is she shy or just not into me?

Postby Mrconfused74 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:46 pm

If you're both single then just say something! Ask her for a drink after work! If she likes you she will, if not then you know where you stand.
Mrconfused74
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: Is she shy or just not into me?

Postby highlandcow » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:34 pm

I agree - you have to drop a few wee hints and see what lands. It sounds to me like she's shy, especially if she is bubbly around everyon else.

If you don't want to ask her for a drink just the two of you, maybe arrange something for a group of people at work, her included. Spending time together outside the formality of the office (or wherever) might give you more clues and she might relax a bit. Then you can build up to a one on one date if that goes well.

Let us know how it goes.
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives