Dumped out of the blue with no real reason

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Re: Dumped out of the blue with no real reason

Postby highlandcow » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Rko28 wrote:Anyway... today I got the job! At last something good has happened. Jus felt so weird to have this news and not tell her straight away.

That's great news! Well done! =D> =D> =D> =D>

I know it's odd not to be in contact with her to tell her, but just think, you did that WITHOUT her! I take my hat off to you. I couldn't even manage to make a cup of tea without help in the first two weeks post-break up and here's you getting a new job!
Go to Glasgow at least once in your life and have a roll and square sliced sausage and a cup of tea. When you feel the tea coursing over your spice-singed tongue, you'll know what I mean when I say:
'It's good to be alive!'"

- Billy Connolly
highlandcow
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Rko28 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:56 pm

I wrote this Sunday but could t post due to password issues

Thank you very much.

Unfortunately last night I broke NC with her, I was at the wedding, the one she was meant to be at with me, was a horrible feeling but I put on a brace face and had fun, drank a bit too much but I wanted to celebrate, next thing I know I'm texting here telling her I miss her so much, I told her exactly why I didn't invite her to my family home earlier, basically said everything.
Stupid move on my part I know.

She didn't reply until this morning, saying she's so sorry to see me this upset, then said that she is missing me like crazy but knows it's not the right thing to get back with me. She didn't acknowledge the part about me being embarrassed to bring her home.

I also stupidly checked her Facebook too, seems like she's going out a lot since we split up drinking.

I kissed a girl last night after the wedding, both of us drunk, I just wanted to get it done if that makes sense. I feel terrible for doing it, almost like I cheated.

You may say all this has sent me back to square one but I wasn't really that far from there anyway
Rko28
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Rko28 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi everyone. Just a bit of an update.

It's been 6 weeks since getting dumped by my ex, things are slightly better, very slightly.
After my above post I broke NC again, that time I had no reply off her, I've since deleted her number and off all social media, so that's 3 weeks now of not speaking.

I'm still friends with her brothers on Facebook and see them everyday in work, pictures of her sisters wedding came up, obviously with her in it, she looked stunning, I got them butterflies like I did the 1st time I saw her, then a sinking feeling in my heart that she's gone.

I actually knew her family were in town one day and she would be with them, I on purpose went out for a walk in the hope to bump into them and her, hoping she would see me and think "what have I done?" I did see them in the distance but I quickly turned around, couldn't handle it.

Her brother has been giving me advice, he can see how hurt I was recently, in Work he took me aside and said I had to get over it and get rid of any false hope of her coming back, he said she's really happy, doesn't miss me or feel sad and that although she liked me, she wasn't in love with me (even though she said it all the time and showed it) and that seeing her now she isn't cut up about the break up at all. He said I have to forget her.

That helped a bit but a massive kick to the heart, I thought she was so in love with me, to find out the last 6 months were a lie kills me. He also said that she was annoyed I text her drunk a couple of times, I can see why but I didn't say anything bad.

I just can't see any light at the end of the tunnel, I've tried dating apps, I'm matching with nice girls but I have no inclination to date them.

Last week my friends took me for a walk to the place she ended it, it's a beautiful spot so I'm glad I've been back there save it hanging over me
Rko28
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby reckoner » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:11 pm

Thanks a lot for the update!

I suspect her brother is laying it on a bit thick to make a point and encourage you to get over her. I'm sure she felt she loved you when she said it, but not enough, things changed, it just happens. It'll always hurt that she's not missing the relationship like you are but you know how things stand.

I've pined for people for YEARS in the past so I have to say that 6 weeks seems like nothing to me. There's nothing I can suggest really to avoid it. That's love for you. Until you find the right person, much more easily said than done, it mainly sucks.
reckoner
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Previous

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives