New Boyfriend.

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

New Boyfriend.

Postby Bubble » Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:38 pm

Hey everyone
Just thought it was about time i wrote another post, and i need a bit of advice too because my situation is making me fed up.

I've finally got a new 'proper' boyfriend, however i still need advice

1) Well firstly, he doesn't text me that often, All my friends around me have their boyfriends texting them all the time, and my ex always used to, just to say hi or whatever, When i ask my boyfriend about it he'll always say 'oh sorry' or tell me he prefers talking than texting. It's so frustrating, cos i'm a texting person as my contract allows me 600 free texts. I really like him and already tried to end it once in the beginning because of this issue. It makes me feel really insecure, although he says i have no need to be with him.
2) Secondly, i don't think that he wants me to meet his friends. Ok, so he hasn't yet met mine, but i'm more than happy to let him. Take tonight for example, i'm not working or anything, but he's off to the pub with his friends and their girlfriends, I would have really liked an invite, perhaps then i would feel more like his girlfriend, In my previous relationship i was my ex boyfriends secret. Theres no way im going through this again.

People tell me i should just talk to him about how i feel, but i don't think there is much point. I have seen so many of my friends lose control of their relationships, where by the man controls them that i promised myself i wouldn't let it happen to me. I don't know if i should continue to not let him know that it bothers me or what,
Sorry this is long folks. x
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Hey

Postby Daftness2k3 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:33 am

Hey Donna....first off, congratulations, stoked for ya:-)

Okay the texting. Yeah I know how that is, especially when stuff begins, 'cause you question the enthusiasm. But from my circle of friends, I know some simply just don't like texting...Its strange to think when so many of us do, but some do prefer to call.

I can understand why you'd be upset about the second point though. It is a little bit upsetting, cos it'll have you wondering why you're alone at home when he's out. Perhaps try inviting him out with your friends, intro him....then you could say later, when will you get to meet his friends?

Hope this helps
Daftness2k3
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bubble » Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:18 pm

Yes thanks hun, that really does help.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby smile » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:16 pm

Congrats Donna!

How about maybe introducing your friends to him first and then perhaps he will get the hint and invite you to meet his friends? Hope it all works out for you though,

Smile
x x x
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby tourguide_barbie » Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:24 pm

Hiya Donna, Concrats on your new bf. To be honest I don't think you should be quiet for 1min. If you are the slightest bit unhappy about anything in the slightest talk to him about it, I went through a relationship were I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want to lose him but it just made things worse in the long run the more closer we got. Believe me, talk to him about what you feeling. It might do the both of yas good.
Hope This helps (if not, at least it gave me something to do, i mean Its not as if I'm gonna work!)
Love TGB xXx
tourguide_barbie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

N/p

Postby Daftness2k3 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:48 pm

No problemo. Hope it all works out!
Daftness2k3
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bubble » Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:26 pm

Thanks for the advice
When i've tried to ask him about things in the past, he thinks i'm asking because i'm insecure, which i'm not.
It's his birthday on sat and mine on mon, so i'm gonna see him on sat before i go out with my friends, because all my friends are meeting here, i think i will get him here too. :)
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Ah well

Postby Daftness2k3 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:45 pm

Happy b-day for monday then:-P As I will no doubt forget!
Daftness2k3
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bubble » Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:53 pm

Hehe, thanks
Well a further update- we have sorted out the text thing, He has promised to make more of an effort, and i am going to be more understanding. Cos i know he has a demanding job, my point was that a little text here and there wouldn't hurt.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Good:)

Postby Daftness2k3 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:00 pm

Glad to hear it. Hope its helped make ya feel better.

My major worry about texts has always been, how many should you send, etc, etc, etc. Silly, but sometimes I'll type a text in, then delete it, thinking perhaps I shouldn't be the one to initiate this time, weird it may sound, but true it is. (Yoda impressions rule!)
Daftness2k3
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Aldo » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:58 am

Ah I do the same daftness! Do the opposite sex do the same thing in terms of dont want to text first! Because i do that as well. I think its no harm to send the first text because the girl on the other end is probably thinking the same.

Donna im really happy you got yourself a boyfriend! Guess the flirting has to stop. sniff sniff.

Anyways my views on the talking than text thing is that I am also more of a talking type than text. I think its more personal...and I like to hear her voice than reading it...you get so much more from a phone call than texts...some people mis interpret texts and written form. But yes a text now and again wouldnt hurt if you dont have time to call.

Maybe he is a little embarressed or something about his friends...maybe their weird and doesnt know how you will react to them or they are not up to your expectations. Not sure. But I hope all goes well for you!!
:D
If you dont ask you will never know
Aldo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bubble » Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:30 pm

Thanks hun.
I am always here, as ur lil internet girlie aldo, mwah. xxxxx
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Aldo » Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:27 am

thats always nice to know...sweety.

xx :oops:
If you dont ask you will never know
Aldo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bubble » Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:45 am

Hey everyone.
Well things don't seem to be getting any better with my boyfriend. He just doesn't seem to want to put any effort in. I've tried talking to him so many times, but he is so unapproachable. I like him alot, but i don't feel i can put up with this anymore as it brings me down. :cry:
Like we have been together for two months, i haven't met his friends, just lately i'm only seeing him once a week, I'll text him and he won't reply. To me it's getting pointless, but he can't see that. Anyone else ever been in this situation?
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby misatok11 » Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:43 pm

Ask him where you stand. Maybe he is busy, i dont really know. The texting thing i have the same problem. Texts cant convey worry or the sound of a voice. mind you seeing is better. Hope you can fix it. Take care and good luck. :-?
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Next

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives