New Boyfriend.

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby Angelic » Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:00 pm

How's it going now Donna? Any better? I do hope so! :)
Angelic
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bubble » Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:08 pm

Hiya
Well things have been going great. He has really been making an effort with me, and it's feeling like a proper relationship.
He hasn't mentioned going to see his ex this weekend, which is good! :) Fingers crossed. x
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Angelic » Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:26 pm

Well I'm glad to hear that he's makingan effort. I hope things keep improving for you :D
Angelic
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Bubble » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:43 pm

Well he dropped the bombshell last night, he is going to stay with his ex at the weekend. But he says i have nothing at all to worry about, that they are just friends and dated like three years ago. I still feel a bit weird because he could have spent the weekend with me, so i said to him perhaps he could dedicate a weekend to me sometime, the reply i got was 'ouch'. Would anyone else feel like this if they were in my position!?
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby tammybligh » Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:17 pm

God yes!!

But then again, if they split up three years ago they are obviously quite close friends! I'm a bit of a hypocrit in this sort of situation because I'm good friends with a few of my ex's, although I hate my boyfriends being friends with theirs......weird huh??

I think you've done the right thing by drawing it to his attention that you'd like to spend some time with him....I'm fairly sure I'd have done exactly the same thing in your position........jealousy is a bizarre thing, and sadly there's no cure!

Like I said though, they've obviously been friends for a long time and if he wanted her, he'd be with her...

Is the relationship good apart from the 'ex' thing??
tammybligh
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bubble » Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:01 pm

Thanks for your reply tammy
It's made me feel better hearing it from an 'outsiders' point of view. You're right and i think you and i are similar in many ways. I'm also good friends with my ex's, although i don't think i would spend the weekend with them, i just don't think it would be fair on the person i was dating at the time.
He said that they are just good friends and she is engaged to some guy or something, so perhaps i am being daft to worry. But i always figure there are feelings there with ex partners, even if they're engaged or married. When i mentioned this to him he said that they were always better friends even when they were going out.
I do think i feel jealous that she gets to spend the whole weekend with him, when i havent in the three months we've been together. I mean i know i get to see him tons, i would like some undivided attention!
I would say, yes in recent weeks the relationship has been good apart from the ex thing and he has been making a real effort. Its just ive been hurt alot by men that i don't want to get hurt again, or have him come back saying they had a snog or whatever!?
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby tammybligh » Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:16 pm

I think we all risk getting hurt sometimes, but I've always found that in the end it's all been worth it - even if the relationship hasn't worked out.
The fact that he'd tell you if he did something should mean something....it'd mean he didn't want to keep secrets from you, which can only be a good thing... but from the sound of it, he isn't going to (my opinion only!).

I think my last boyfriend was more like my best friend than my boyfriend. When we split up I was more bothered about losing the friendship than the relationship.... it sounds like he's trying to be up front with you.

You wouldn't be human if you weren't bothered a little bit.....
This might sound a bit odd, but have you considered asking to meet her? That way you'd be able to put a face to the name, and it might ease some of your concerns.....maybe not......just a thought??

If that's the only problem you have in the relationship, then I'm sure everything will be fine.
tammybligh
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bubble » Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:24 pm

From what my friends have heard, they also don't think he would jeopardise what we are building together in our relationship.
My friends also say that i should ask to meet her, but she lives like four hours away, and im working this weekend so i don't see the point.
I hope we will be fine to, i'm sure we will.
Now one last thing, how often do i contact him? My friend and sister say i shouldn't text/ring him because it may look like i don't trust him. I was just thinking of waiting to see if he contacts me?! What do you think?
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bubble » Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:36 pm

Well he's now back. Just got to see how things go with us. x
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble