New Boyfriend.

For problems with girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, lovers and leavers!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby welshbloke » Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:31 pm

girls are always doing this, just chill out, just cause he doesnt call you 24/7 doesnt mean things wont happen over time. Too much in too little a space will destroy things
welshbloke
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Enigma » Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:43 pm

Aww DonnaKennedy, I hope this will get sorted out.

welshbloke, this has been a continuing issue for a while.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bubble » Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:44 pm

Thanx Enigma. x
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby smile » Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:57 am

Sorry thing aren't working out for you Donna, I agree with misatok though. Ask him why things aren't going anywhere. Talking can't do any harm. You might get a few answers. Good luck with whatever you do,

Take care,

Luv
Smile
x x x
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

Just remember to keep smiling!
smile
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby Bubble » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:28 am

Well i do like him so i do try.
But last night i got upset (over nothing inparticular) and erased all the text messages he has sent me. :(
This morning i tried a different approach, sent him a nice message, no reply. So i came on MSN, and asked him if he would prefer it if i didn't contact him anymore, he said i shouldn't ask silly things. If i knew where i stood i wouldn't feel the need to ask now would i?
MEN! Or perhaps just the ones i tend to meet.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bubble » Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:10 am

Well we had a big row last night because i got moody with him on the phone. He said he needed time to think, because he knows he is a rubbish boyfriend, Its like if he knows then surely he can change those attributes?
So, we're going out tonight for dinner and a movie, to see how things go. I like him loads, i just think now that he has admitted his main problem in the relationship and that he knows he needs to put in more effort we may be able to move forward. Wish me luck, i'm quite nervous. Never been in a 'make or break' situation before. Its usually always so clear cut. :(
Somebody please find me a nice man!??? My friend tried, but ended up falling in love with him herself, hehe. Bless her. x
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Aldo » Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:16 pm

How did it go?

At least your making the effort in trying to make it work. I hope it goes well for you, and if he doesnt see the great person and effort your making then you deserve better.
If you dont ask you will never know
Aldo
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bubble » Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:24 am

Well we had a really nice night. But he was really distant. We had no physical contact at all. So i texted him when he got home and told him i need to know where i stand. He told me that he's not sure what he wants, and he doesn't want to split up in case it's a mistake. I've told him that i'm not prepared to wait. I feel that i need and deserve a boyfriend who knows for sure that he wants to be with me, i'm too old to play games. So we're meeting today to 'talk', I don't think that there is much left to say like i told him, but it's worth a shot. x
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Llisa » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:35 pm

Hiya,
I can't really add much more to what anyone else has said about the matter, but i am curious about something. I'm not from the UK and I do realize that we have different words for different meanings. I've visited the UK and I do know most of them, but I'm confused about texting. Is that like e-mailing, or is that on a cell phone? or a pager? Sorry about my naivette!
Llisa
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:23 pm

The term "texting" refers to the Short Message Service on mobile telephones, or cell phones as they are called in America.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby sophie » Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:20 am

oh donna sounds to me as if he just doesnt have the courage to finish it, you dont need someone like him, he doesnt know what he wants. You dont want to humiliate yourself anymore by chasing him.

hope things work out for you, dont waste your time if there is nothing there, move on. I think us woman tend to be more emotionally attached than men, they dont think about replying to text messages alot of the time and we tend to take it too heart, good luck
sophie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Bubble » Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:32 am

Well he told me that he doesn't want to break up with me as he does care for me alot, so we have both been making a real effort this week. He's contacting me more and i'm being more patient. But if we lapse into the same old routine it will be me ending it.
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Bubble » Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:35 pm

Well us making an effort really has made our relationship a whole lot better. However he did drop a bombshell on me this morning. His ex girlfriend wants him to go and see her, i was calm and nice and when he asked if it bothered me, i was honest and said yes. I just don't think he seems to understand. Has anyone else ever been in a situation/relationship like this, or does anyone else feel like thier partner is constantly testing them to see thier reaction like mine does. I just need some advice, think my friends are now bored of me. :(
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby stellar » Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:56 pm

Hmmm I dunno about this one Donna, are you sure he's the right one for you? He seems like he's pushing his luck, my boyfriend wouldn't even suggest visiting an ex girlfriend to me! I think you should be careful with this one sweetie, and if he doens't call you, don't call him! He shouldn't think you're going to be prepared to do all the running and texting all the time. Keep us posted!
Stellar xxx
stellar
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Bubble » Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:46 pm

Yeah i will do hun, It seems like when i make less of an effort he makes more, i think i will try that approach for a bit. x
Nuff Love
*Donna*
xxxxx
Bubble
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PreviousNext

Return to Girlfriends & Boyfriends - Husbands & Wives