I did a stupid thing

For any money-related worries.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I did a stupid thing

Postby Seiya » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:30 am

I lent what I thought was a close friend £400, I can't afford it and what makes it worse is that he's now dodging my calls and making lame excuses up. I go away in less than a week and was relying on him holding up his end of the bargain, which seems less and less likely now. What can i do?
Seiya
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: I did a stupid thing

Postby snail » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:06 pm

If he's dodging your calls, can you go and see him and explain how badly you need it? He might be avoiding you because he simply hasn't got the money at the moment, rather than that he doesn't intend to pay it back at all.
These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Najwa Zebian
snail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bel Bel » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:57 pm

YES I AGREE GO AND HAVE IT OUT FACE TO FACE AND EXPLAIN HOW BADLY YOU NEED THE MONEY AND TELL HIM TO BORROW IT OFF SOMEONE ESLE IF NECESSARY TO,PAY YOU BACK
SORRY on caps again :oops:
Life is for living so live it to the fullest

Cheap Pandora Charms UK

Bel Bel
Fully Fledged Flatmate
Fully Fledged Flatmate

Postby miaow » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:03 pm

mates and money never mix. I went on hols with a mate and she lost her card so had to use my credit card to withdraw cash (was genuine reason and I wouldnt have left her with no money for a whole week in a foreign country) but when we got back she used the money to repay me on a bill and I had to wait 3 wks! Unacceptable. She always was going to give it me but mates seem to take it that as your mates with them your ok for it whenever - which is not the case! She got herself into a pickle with a bill and came to me a few months later asking to borrow some money, but because she had been late paying the holiday money back (I had to make a minimum payment on my credit card until she paid me the amount) I refused to get involved or lend her the cash. It's like pleasure and business dont mix - neither do mates and money.

This said, still try to get the money back off him - better late than never, and be cautious about who you lend money to in the future.
miaow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby dipsydoodlenoodle » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:16 am

I'd never lend so much money to a friend for the exact reasons above. I hate lending stuff out to friends; my bf had a t-shirt of mine for about 4 months (I needed it too - it was a works T-shirt); his mam has a DVD of mine; she's had it 4 months so far; I'm going down next weekend so lets see if I get it back. My friend who lives no more than a 5minute walk away had a DVD for months; I mean its not like she couldn't have pushed it through the letterbox like I did with her book after a week. OR the CD someone lent ages ago and scratched it. I HATE lending stuff out because everyone else ruins it or has it months; hence I'd NEVER lend money out.
A hug is a great gift, one size fits all.
dipsydoodlenoodle
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby lilessexgal » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:33 am

If you know where he lives go and see him and ask him in person for it....he cant really dodge a face to face!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Finances