IT Assistance!!!!!!!

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

IT Assistance!!!!!!!

Postby Daisy1980 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:52 pm

Where I work is a large open plan office, with little or no privacy. However, we have a team of IT Support. Different engineers respond to the different calls depending on the problem. Well here is mine!!!!

There is this 1 guy who works in the IT Support Team and he has responded to more than a couple of calls for me and some of my colleagues who are relatively close to me. He used to always chat and have a laugh with me which didn't really bother me cause I always thought he was kinda cute. But now he's told me he is leaving and has started sending me really flirty emails.

Hinting at liking me but not actually saying he does. I just don't know what to do? I'm single after spliting with someone I was really close to (even though we'd only been seeing each other about a year). I have been in a relationship with someone I worked with before and don't think it's a bad or good idea (it really is dependant on the individuals) but he's leaving at the end of January.

Up to now I have responded to all of his emails but neither him nor me have actually said anything about it. I get the impression he has feelings for me and I do like him. What should I do??? Should I tell him I like him, hey he's leaving anyway and I won't have to see him if he just laughs at me. Or do I just leave it and see if he asks to stay in touch before he leaves.
Daisy1980
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby katie007 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:00 pm

I would tell him you like him in a text message....that way you wont feel embarrassed and if it doesnt work out at least he is leaving anyway! If you like him alot you should go for it.
katie007
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Pwif » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:55 pm

Sounds like he really does like you. You could joke with him that you're going to miss him when he leaves, and see what he says then. He seems to be hinting a lot to you, and he's just waiting to see if you respond.

What's the worst that can happen? He doesn't ask you out. Well, he's leaving at the end of January, so no harm done. What's the best that can happen? He asks you out, and you carry on seeing him after he leaves. If you like him, chat to him before it's too late.

Hope it all goes well for you. Fngers crossed. :P
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Daisy1980 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:56 pm

Thanks for the advice. I have been emailing him again today and it's still the same, although he said he'd been thinking about me. So I asked him what about and he said he couldn't tell me that over the emails. So I asked him to give me a hint and the reply i got said
"Let's just say the thoughts involved you and me in a locked room, no one else around."

It sounded good to me and I smiled about it, but the more I think about it the more I think maybe he just wants sex. I'm not into one night stands or casual sex but I do like him so I'm still none the wiser!!!
Daisy1980
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Pwif » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:49 pm

Do you know what sort of relationships this guy has had previously? Were they short flings, or longer term girlfriends?

How does he treat other women? With respect, or in a laddish way?

What has the tone of your e-mail conversations been with each other? Were they genuinely friendly, or have you detected a more sexual undertone. This should give you some idea about whether he's just after sex, or whether he wants a genuine relationship with you.
Live life to the full
Pwif
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Daisy1980 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:08 pm

Hi, on Friday, we went for coffee together (big step forward!). We just talked about our past relationships and the battle scars. He still seemed really flirty and that. But I haven't seen or heard from him all day, and I know he could be really busy with work and that or even off sick. I've tried emailing him a couple of times just don't want to seem like a bunny boiler!!!

Just hope I haven't put him off by being honest!
Daisy1980
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Work & Colleagues