someone is spreading rumours about me

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

someone is spreading rumours about me

Postby chat noir » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:59 pm

in work recently a girl on my department (I work in a supermarket) mentioned she'd heard a rumour that I was sleeping with a guy who worked on chilled, which is the dept next to ours. of course its untrue, especially as Ive never even spoken to the man and everyone says he is gay anyway! Ive managed to trace the rumour back to some kid on chilled who supposedly heard it off someone else (I dont even know who he was!) and its driving me mad, having everyone talking about some rubbish which is totally untrue! why did someone I dont even know and have never spoken to have to start spreading lies about me?! is there anything I can do?! of course anyone who knows me there knows its not true but Ive got people I dont even know chatting a load of rubbish about me!
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby crazy_in_love » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:34 pm

why do you care if you know its not true and the people who know you know its not true? the guy involved obviously knows its not true, so who else is there to care about? It just work gossip which unfortunately always spreads like wild fire and is often not true. Next week itll be someone elses turn, dont worry about it. Im sure your not the only person its ever happened to.
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby chat noir » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:19 am

yeah I know, Im just annoyed about it, also annoyed that quite a few people on my dept were spreading it round too and they KNOW I have a long term boyfriend!
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Z3girl » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:34 pm

If I was you I would tell your manager - personally I think its just as nasty as bullying and very childish spreading rumors like that especailly if there not true!!!

You can also call personnel and speak to them about it and they have to treat it as private!!

Good luck and ignore them carzy in love is right - it will be someone elses turn next week etc!!
Z3girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby chat noir » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:02 pm

Z3girl wrote:If I was you I would tell your manager - personally I think its just as nasty as bullying and very childish spreading rumors like that especailly if there not true!!!

You can also call personnel and speak to them about it and they have to treat it as private!!

Good luck and ignore them carzy in love is right - it will be someone elses turn next week etc!!

well Im seasonal staff because Im a student and Im currently back in uni so not working for a few months, it will have all blown over by the time Im back but I cant stand the thought of people I dont even know spreading lies about me, but I guess there's nothing I can do except laugh it off. I just dont get why people I thought were my friends were encouraging it by spreading it round even more :x :x
chat noir
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Z3girl » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:56 pm

If they are like that then there not worth having as friends at all!!!

It just goes to show how sad there lives are - if they have nothing else to do than talk about U and make up rumors then there not worth bothering with - YES u should laugh at them and pitty them! :)
Z3girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Work & Colleagues