How do i ask her?

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

How do i ask her?

Postby jws2006 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:39 am

Hi all,

I work in an office and we work shifts. There's a girl on another team who sits about 20 metres from me. We work at the same time for about 10 hours a week where her team starts towards the end of my team finishing. I really like her and I think she may like me. I can hardly chat to her as there's always other people around there's no privacy. I would like to ask her out for a drink but how do I do with when we don't get any time just to talk the pair of us. We don't see each other out of work. The only way that springs to mind is an email to her but dont really want to resort to that!!

Any ideas?
jws2006
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby all_apologies » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:46 am

Why don't you ask a bigger group of friends from work to go to the pub and include her? That way you're not singling her out, but it gives you the opportunity to get to know her a bit better and possibly arrange to see her alone if things go well for you.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jws2006 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:55 am

Thanks for the reply. It's difficult as we work shifts, our team would start early morning then her team starts mid-afternoon an hour before my team goes home so all going to the pub would be difficult. Our two teams are going on a training day next week so you never know, may get to chat to her a bit then.
jws2006
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby crazy_in_love » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:02 pm

hey dnt u guys have your own email address'? couldnt you email her, that way only she will see it and then she can reply accordingly.
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby jws2006 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:21 am

We all have our own individual work email addresses. Im going to see how it goes next week on the training course (assuming she goes as its voluntary on a day off) and go from there.
jws2006
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby crazy_in_love » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:32 pm

sounds like a good idea. you didnt need our help after all!! good luck and let us know how it goes. :D
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Work & Colleagues