in love with a guy at work :(

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

in love with a guy at work :(

Postby spacegirl » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:57 pm

I’m in love with a guy i work with... he's such a great guy and i'm really attracted to him, and over the past 6 months or so i've developed very strong feelings for him. we're very close and are really good friends, we talk about everything and always go for a drink after work just to unwind... but that's all it is. friends. he has a girlfriend and has been with her for 5 years, and until now i've never met her. although i'm really happy for him and obviously do not resent his girlfriend, i don't want to meet her. i'm not normally a jealous person and I’m sure she’s a lovely girl, but i hate when he talks about her, and i just have to smile and nod and be the "supportive friend" when really it’s killing me to listen about her new job or their really nice date. I also find it very hard to be supportive when they fight and I have to tell him it will all work out and remind him of how much he loves her, or help him plan birthday presents and things like that. It’s really tearing me apart, but I can’t even take a break from him because we work very closely together and I see him all day every day. The reason I’m posting on here today is that he's just recently bought a new flat, and has invited me to a housewarming, and he keeps saying about how he can't wait for me to meet his girlfriend "we'd get on so well". i'd love to go to his party and I don’t want to hurt his feelings by turning him down; there's no other reason that i wouldn't go other than i dont want to see them together. am i being selfish? I keep telling myself that I’ll have to meet her eventually, but do I really?
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Z3girl » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:44 pm

Hiya - Hope u are ok!!!

If I was you I would say that u can not make the party!! I would also not go out for a drink with him after work anymore and just maintain a work relationship!!

If u are starting to like him u might end up getting hurt if u get to close to him!!!

Hope that helps a bit!!! :)
He who dares, wins!!!!
Z3girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Work & Colleagues