Talking about me behind my back

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Talking about me behind my back

Postby elfy_p » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:16 pm

Basically I slept with this guy I work with a couple of times. He has been suspended from work over an (untrue) allegation which meant a regional team had to come in to my work and investigate.
I got questioned for an hour and a half by them over the fact that I'd slept with this guy, they were asking all sorts of things like where, when, how many times, even though it has nothing to do with the other allegation. I was in tears with the stress and humiliation and I felt sick for days.
Nobody knew before this investigation happened but now everyone knows. They are nice to my face, but my true friends there have told me what they are calling me behind my back.

Is this bullying? Or do I only have myself to blame. Surely what happens outside of work is my business and I don't think they have the right to be gossiping and spreading rumours about me.
Please help if you can.
elfy_p
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Z3girl » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:49 pm

What ever happend outside of work is YOUR business - they should not be questioning you about what happened between you and this guy at all!

If I was you I would get in touch with a solictor immediatley and contact your local citizen advice Bureau!!!

They have not been fait to you at all!!!!!!!

Hope that helps!
He who dares, wins!!!!
Z3girl
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby elfy_p » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:55 pm

the guy involved said he is looking at putting in a claim for sexual harassment cos they questioned him the same and are now saying they might not allow him back to work because they think he wouldn't be respected by the rest of our workmates!
elfy_p
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Work & Colleagues