what is her problem......

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

what is her problem......

Postby victoria21 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:14 pm

i started work in nov, i clean, this woman i work with is being so horrible to me. She finds every fault she can and if the managers (who i am very close with and 1 is my hubby so they stick up for me) tell her off she blames me for it even if i wasnt there. she makes out that i cant do my job because im young or coz ive got 2 young boys. Whats that about just coz i am young and got 2 kids so what that doesnt affect me working.
She even moaned at me the other day... because i didnt tell her about a horrible accident that happened to a man that used to work where we do, i used to work there before i had my boys.How dare she i aint being funny but i didnt really want to gossip about this terrible accident, this man might not survive this and we are all upset about this as it is without her moaning coz i didnt tell her about it. everyone knows what she is like with me, they have spoke to her but she wont change.
just needed a rant.
victoria21
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Raven » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:40 am

She sounds like a right cow!

Not much you can do really, if you've told the managers and she STILL blames you. Do you stick up for yourself? If not, make sure you do! Or even better, ignore EVERY word she says and continue with your job. She sounds like one of those bitter people who lives for making other peoples' lives miserable. If she lays into you next time just try it, ignore her. Pretend like she isn't even there. This will frustrate her greatly :-D And hey, she may even get bored and give up!

Good luck x
Raven
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: what is her problem......

Postby retrochav » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:25 pm

you dont mention if she is a colleague or somehow in a superior positon to you. Whichever it is, I would say to her that if she doesnt stop bullying you then you will make a formal complaint and go to a tribunal if need be. When she pays your wages she can then make comments.

Keep a diary of her remarks which you may wish to use as evidence. Regardless of your husbands position, no one should be bullied in work and for this reason we have laws to prevent it.

This should shut her up, but be prepared to take it further and press your point if it doesnt.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby victoria21 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:35 am

This woman is not at all superior to me just older and has worked there longer only cleaning mind you, but ive just found out she bullied the last girl out of this job, coz her sister wanted a job, and she hated that i got the job when the other girl left.
I done an extra shift at work last week but not cleaning actually when buisness is open, and she had the cheak to say to me its favroutism and her and the other cleaner would not get offered a shift, i couldnt believe what i was hearing i used to work there course they are gonna ask me, i know the job, she doesnt.
My husband has had a word with her and told her that if she doesnt stop the bulling he will take it to his manager.
Just got back from work and today she hasnt said anything to me, only to ask if i wanted a cuppa.
I feel like im back at school this is so stupid.

thanx for replying x
victoria21
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby crazy_in_love » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:58 am

hey, i know exactly how you feel, its quite similar to my work place, anyone who hasnt been there as long as some of the others are made to feel like outcasts, which i think is totally stupid and shouldnt be allowed to happen anywhere. This woman doesnt realise that she is making things worse for herself, but she will do when she gets into trouble. It sounds like she is and older woman, who is set in her ways and maybe takes her job a lot more seriously than she should ( a bit like dot cotton and the laundrette!) jst try and stay away from her, but dnt let her get away with her nonesense, if she does anything keep reporting it til she stops and gets the message.
crazy_in_love
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby retrochav » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:04 pm

Sounds to me like she is trying to make amends here. Maybe she has realised she has gone too far. She does, after all risk loosing her own job if this isnt the first time she has tried to bully someone out.

You have the choice of either makjing friends with her, and if you do be very careful never to gossip or complain as she has shown her darker side already. Or else simply be polite, and proffessional and do your work and let her do hers.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Torquemada » Wed May 09, 2007 11:09 pm

You can never expect to like everyone with whom you work; that's fact. Sooner or later, everyone comes up against someone who is a bully, or conniving and devious, or an empire builder.

However, how YOU choose to deal with it, determines whether you get on and survive or quit feeling down and depressed.

Try not to turn yourself into a victim and stand up for yourself; bullies back down and, as she's not senior to you, you job shouldn't suffer.

Don't forget, all the time to talk back to her, whatever you say, say it with a smile!
Torquemada
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Work & Colleagues