different job interviews

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

different job interviews

Postby xfayelouisex » Tue May 08, 2007 4:04 pm

hey,
im going for two job interviews this week ones for a account assistant and ones for a bank, i always have retail interviews and these are the first ones of this kind, i always prepare for my questions so as i know what to expect, but i have no idea what to expect for these ones. anyone have any idea, or had any similar interviews? any help would be much appreciated thankyou!
mus:- i don't know much but i know i love you and that maybe all i need to know.
xfayelouisex
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby spacegirl » Tue May 08, 2007 7:26 pm

http://www.workthing.com/career-advice/ ... otiations/

workthing is the best career site i've come across, i've nevr had an interview for a bank before but retail skills are all more or less transferable (customer service, handling cash, working unde pressure etc). also, i was speaking to a friend who works in a bank and she said she can't believe how similar to retail her job is. she has sales targets and is expected to have good customer service skills.
not if you were the last dandy on earth
spacegirl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby DaydreamerBeliever » Wed May 23, 2007 10:21 am

Hiya Fayelouise,

I have actually been to both interviews!! and now i am an accounts assistant.
Just to ease your mind the interviews will probably be similar.

I had the bank interview with Barclays and it was split into two- the first part was a very short test, please dont worry about it even though i failed the test (my mind was else where that day!) it was quiet a simple one. It basically asks you mainly about Cheques (ie: Q:what is wrong with this chq A: its not signed or the words do not match the amount etc..) and fraud and what your idea of good customer service is and your views on Team efforts. The second part of the interview was a one on one interview and this was basically the same as any other interview, questions like what experience do you have, how would you handle an awkward/suspicous customer, where do you see yourself in five years, why do you want to work for the bank etc etc...

The accounts assistant interview will again be very similar to any other interview- i got asked thigs like- Why are you interested in this position, how would you descibe your work style- the best answer you can give to this question is to express how you are logical and methodical in your work as Accounts work is based on rules and logic.

Also give loads of examples of any responsibilty you may of had in your old job as in both roles responsilbilty and security are of the upmost importance as they are linked with finance.

GOOD LUCK and let me know how you got on xx :D
DaydreamerBeliever
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby DaydreamerBeliever » Wed May 23, 2007 10:22 am

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
ive just realised how old your post was !!!! OOPS my bad !!!
DaydreamerBeliever
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby xfayelouisex » Thu May 31, 2007 4:22 pm

thats okay!lol, thanks for the advice anyway! nah i didn't get either of the jobs, still on the look for one!
mus:- i don't know much but i know i love you and that maybe all i need to know.
xfayelouisex
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Work & Colleagues