Don't feel secure...

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Don't feel secure...

Postby Weasley » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:01 am

Hi everyone! This is my first post on here so not sure if I've put it in the right place!
I started this new job 2 weeks ago, this is my third week, as a Marketing Executive. The problem...since I've been here 3 people have been given the push! One was a girl who I made friends with and she got sacked last Friday because she wasn't getting enough leads on the board and one was a lad who got sacked Monday for exactly the same reason. I'm not exactly getting loads and defo not as many as the other people here so I'm kinda worried I'm going to meet the same sticky end. What should I do? I've already spoke to my boss and told him my worries and he has told me not too but I don't wanna be working my socks off him to turn around at the end of the week and show me the door! I really need this job too, the money's good and me and my finacee are saving for a house. I'll just feel like I've let everyone down and another thing that worries me is that they seem to be interviewing a couple of people a day!!! Not a good sign! They just seem to have a very high turnover of staff! Any advice would be very appreciated, if anyone has been through this before. Not sure if I should just get out while I can with my confidence intact!!!!!!!!!!!!
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby liddy » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:24 am

Hi Weasley,
well it sounds like quite a high pressure job where they expect results - You could do your very best and still not get the leads they want you to, however hard you work so in that case its a no win situation. You shouldnt feel bad about yourself though, as long as you know you're doing your best, what more can you do?
I really hope it works out for you cos its hard enough starting any new job without unrealistic demands put on you.
Good luck :D
liddy
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Weasley » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:51 pm

Hi there! Thanks for your advice! As the old saying goes - "you can only but try your best" and that's what I'm doing! I just hate the fact that maybe my best won't be good enough and I'm not super human! Oh well, let's crack on and see I suppose. Why would I want to be in a job that hires and fires in the space of a week anyway???? :-k
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Teenspirit » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:07 pm

I've worked in a few places were its all about leads, bonuses n commision....

I worked in telesales n estate agents n it was soooooo hard.........
I am not a natural born seller n these places always have high turnovers..

Just do ur best n know that, that is enough..........

Don't be down on urself ur in a very competitive field n doing well...
Dont stress urself, it's just a job no that hard to hear when ur saving for a house....

I was unemployed for 9mths before i got the job im in no so I do know how it feels.....

Keep ur chin up

x
Teenspirit
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Work & Colleagues