I don't agree with what work are doing

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I don't agree with what work are doing

Postby Lolly - Pop » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:25 am

A bit of a weird one, things aren't going so great at work the company is not hitting their targets every month. They have started changing the dates on the computers at the end of the month to add extra days to get the money. So a customer can order something on the 5th of the month and get charged for it in the month before. I am not happy about doing this cause we are annoying a lot of customers and it's me that is having to push the paperwork through on the wrong date. I have told my manager last month that I was not happy doing this but he says he doesn't what to do it but we have to do what the MD's want. I think what they are doing is morally wrong and they are fraudulent, but there is nothing I can do, I can't refuse to work can I or I will get sacked and I can't afford that. It's coming round to the end of the month again and I don't know what to do.
Lolly - Pop
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Re: I don't agree with what work are doing

Postby retrochav » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:57 pm

I would suggest you contact ACCAS who deal with dispute resolution in the workplace. Yes it certainly is immoral, it may even be fraudulent i couldnt really say. However unless you have a union i would say your in a weak position. If you were sacked you could raise an aggreviance and go to an employment tribunal, but get quick advice as there is a 3 month time limit for doing that and you must have worked for one year in these circumstances.
whatever your problem someone else has been there and bears the scars.
retrochav
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Lolly - Pop » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:16 pm

Thanks i think I will contact them, we have no union here the last time some one mentioned a union they got made redundant sharpish.
Lolly - Pop
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby crazeymunkey » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:52 pm

so im guess you work in a bank? or somethin similar?
obviously report it like whisleblowing, make complaints to the company, complaints have to be dealt with and you will be ok as long as you have proof of whats goin on, contact consumer direct and make a complaint against a company. complaints can be anonymous. o go to citazens advice. but you can jsut efuse to do it because they cant sack you on the grounds of it, cos you could say your taking legal action them and go futher. reseach it on the net,the must be fraud places you can report it to
crazeymunkey
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Work & Colleagues