Im confused, help?

Got a problem with your workplace or one of your colleagues? Thrash it out here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Im confused, help?

Postby remote_king » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:15 pm

there is a girl at work i really like, shes everything you could want in a woman. she has recently split from her boyfriend and says she wants to be single for a bit (i havent asked her out it came up in conversation). we were on a night out in the week going from pub to pub and while we were going round she kept on holding my hand of course i didnt stop her but im puzzled as to what her intentions were. I didnt make a move on her as she was drunk and still upset from her split from her boyfriend so i felt it wasnt right. but did she make this gesture as a friendly thing or did she mean a bit more to it. I dont want to seem like a slime ball preying on someone who is still getting over a relationship. I have only known her a couple of months and We have started to become friends, i dont want to mess that up if thats all she sees me as. Any advice?
remote_king
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby yessica » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:18 pm

Personally, I think you should carry on as you are for a little bit. Maybe am month or so. It depends how into her bf she was. When she's got over him then 'make your move' lol I hate that phrase. If you do get together you don't want to be wondering if you were just a rebound. Just carry on being friendly with her. Maybe start flirting a bit, this will help her confidence but don't be too full on. As you said, you don't want to appear a slimeball.

As for her actions, like you said she was drunk and is just getting over a split so I wouldn't think too much into it yet. Wait a bit, until she has returned to normal. Then she'll be acting more true to herself and you can judge better.
:D Smile and the world smiles with you. Laugh and they all think you're on drugs :lol:
xoxoxox
yessica
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Weasley » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:59 am

I agree with Yessica. Give her some time to fully get over her past relationship - it's amazing what people do sometimes when they have just split up with someone, they crave new attention, some people may say "been on the rebound". I would let her get over it, I think this is best as that way you don't get hurt if it is just her craving attention after her recent split. Also this way, in time, you will be able to tell if her gestures and maybe feelings are genuine.
xxx :)
Weasley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Work & Colleagues